US Interior Green

Started by NARSES2, January 04, 2018, 03:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Currently I use Xtracrylic Interior Green XA1117 for my WWII era US cockpits and in all honestly I'm not particularly happy with it. I have had it for a long time admittedly.

Just wondered if there were any recommendations for other acrylic brands readily available in the UK ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Try Citadel Elysian Green and Ogryn Camo for different shades, get them from Games Workshop.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I still use Humbrol 226, but I think it's available in acrylic too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Vallejo an interior green and zinc chromate green as well I think, they're in their Model Air range.  I haven't got those, but I've got a few of the range and they brush paint very nicely, despite being meant for airbrushes.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Mossie on January 07, 2018, 11:07:36 AM
Vallejo an interior green and zinc chromate green as well I think, they're in their Model Air range.  I haven't got those, but I've got a few of the range and they brush paint very nicely, despite being meant for airbrushes.

Good to know that, thanks.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 08, 2018, 11:24:44 AM
Quote from: Mossie on January 07, 2018, 11:07:36 AM

Good to know that, thanks.

'tis indeed

Mossie

Going slightly off thread, the Vallejo Model Air metallic colours are especially nice, it's quite easy to get a fine finish with a brush.

NARSES2

That is interesting Mossie. I never considered them for brushing. Ta  :thumbsup:

Rick Lowe

Yes, good to know re the Vallejo Air - thanks!

zenrat

Re Model Air - I can't get a decent finish brushing the Vallejo zinc chromate over primer or undercoat but it looks great used as a final coat to give depth on top of other greens (Vallejo Golden Olive for example).
In fact, the zinc chromate is the only one of the model air range which i've found not to give a decent brushed finish (although a number of coats is needed in most cases).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

nighthunter

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I use Testors Model Master Acrylic Zinc Chromate Green. I am unaware if it's available in the UK, though, just trying to be helpful.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2