F & S Scale Models closing down in 2 weeks (ish)

Started by Weaver, January 07, 2018, 07:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Just swung by F & S Scale Models in Droylesden today. They weren't open (couldn't remember if they opened on a Sunday or not, but I was going to Ikea anyway), but there were large signs on the windows saying "CLOSING DOWN SALE - EVERYTHING 25% OFF". There was also a small sign on the door advertising a new model shop in 'Ashton (near Wigan)' which presumably means Ashton-in-Makerfield, but it wasn't clear whether this was the same people relocating or just an advert for a friend.

I'll try to drop in later in the week and have a chat with them to find out what's going on (and see if there's anything going cheap that I want, of course.. ;) )
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitbasher

They are closing at the end of January - the owners live in (I think) Cleveleys and they're retiring to there.  First flagged up http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43160.msg782519.html#msg782519
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: kitbasher on January 07, 2018, 10:11:32 AM
They are closing at the end of January - the owners live in (I think) Cleveleys and they're retiring to there.  First flagged up http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43160.msg782519.html#msg782519

Cheers - I did do a search for F & S Models before posting but it never showed me your post.... :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Went into F & S today, got some stuff and had a chat with the owner. He's retiring and shutting up shop in about two weeks' time, with all the remaining stock going to that new shop in Ashton-in-Makerfield mentioned in the original post.

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Well at least it's a case one out, one in. It's an absolute desert down here
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.