Free Airfix Spitfires - today only!

Started by Weaver, January 13, 2018, 03:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 17, 2018, 03:20:56 AM
It's got Chris Evans quite excited on the Radio 2 Breakfast Show though  ;) He's been going on about RAF WWII aircraft for the last few mornings, getting quite "into it"  ;D

The late Clive James was a serious aviation geek on the quiet: I heard him speak very knowledgably  and enthusiastically about it on a couple of rare occasions.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Is Chris Evans still as much of a tw*t as he used to be?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Leading Observer

Quote from: zenrat on January 17, 2018, 04:37:28 AM

Short Answer "Yes"
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Nick

Quote from: deathjester on January 14, 2018, 03:30:27 PM
Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2018, 10:20:32 AM
Typically I only saw this offer at a time when I couldn't take it up. I spent yesterday exploring various military ruins and dugouts in and around Dover, by the time we'd finished the shops were shut.

I took the voucher out of Mum's fella's paper this morning and went up to WHS in the hope they had some left. "Sorry, they all went by lunchtime on Saturday" was the answer.  :banghead:
Not that upset really, it was a freebie.

The cover art on the Daily Mail Weekend magazine was good though. Reminded me of 1960s Airfix box art in a way.
Alright mate!
If you take the voucher back to the shop, you can ask for the assistant to give you a form to send off to get your free Spitfire.  You send this off with an SAE, and they will send you your kit!

I went back in this morning and got told that there was only a limited supply so they couldn't give me a form. So I've emailed WHS Customer Services to see what they might do.

Chris Payne

Quote from: Weaver on January 17, 2018, 04:31:58 AM
It's got Chris Evans quite excited on the Radio 2 Breakfast Show though  ;) He's been going on about RAF WWII aircraft for the last few mornings, getting quite "into it"  ;D

The late Clive James was a serious aviation geek on the quiet: I heard him speak very knowledgably  and enthusiastically about it on a couple of rare occasions.

Erm, Clive James is still alive.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on January 17, 2018, 06:12:06 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 17, 2018, 04:37:28 AM

Short Answer "Yes"

I don't mind his breakfast show. I do think he's calmed down a fair bit since he married and had kids. But as they say "each to his own"  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

He'd want to paint them all white though.......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit