Free Airfix Spitfires - today only!

Started by Weaver, January 13, 2018, 03:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 14, 2018, 08:34:46 AM

How can ANY thinking person with a shred of decency give them ANY respect whatsoever, grudging or otherwise?  The Daily Mail - the paper that bankrolled Mosley and the British Union of Fascists, handed cash over to the Nazis and promoted Hitler.  It'd be a day in hell so cold that Satan would die of hypothermia before I'd give them a penny of my money.  If it were a choice of lining their pockets and getting a ton of Spitfires or doing without, the latter would be my instant choice. 

It's a vile newspaper, full of salacious gossip and not so subtle racism.

Come on Lee, don't beat about the bush, tell us what you REALLY think.  ;D ;D ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The amount of swearing would get me banned.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Nice write up on the Fail on RationalWiki.  Love this tidbit:

QuoteThe Daily Mail's fact checking ability was first made apparent when it ran the headline on April 16, 1912, "Titanic Sunk. No Lives Lost. Collision with an Iceberg. Largest Ship in the World. 2,358 Lives in Peril. Rush of Liners to the Rescue. All Passengers Taken Off."[1] Compare this to the New York Herald April 15, 1912 headline, "The Titanic Sinks with 1,800 on Board; Only 675, Mostly Woman and Children, Saved"
;D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Nick

Typically I only saw this offer at a time when I couldn't take it up. I spent yesterday exploring various military ruins and dugouts in and around Dover, by the time we'd finished the shops were shut.

I took the voucher out of Mum's fella's paper this morning and went up to WHS in the hope they had some left. "Sorry, they all went by lunchtime on Saturday" was the answer.  :banghead:
Not that upset really, it was a freebie.

The cover art on the Daily Mail Weekend magazine was good though. Reminded me of 1960s Airfix box art in a way.

tigercat

AS.12

MailOnline is the most-read online news site globally: nearly 220 million unique visitors per month.  They have UK, Indian and USA divisions.

I have no interest in the 'news' they package and push but an awful lot of people do.

How do we fix that?  I don't know :(

Doug K

How can ANY thinking person with a shred of decency give them ANY respect whatsoever, grudging or otherwise?  The Daily Mail - the paper that bankrolled Mosley and the British Union of Fascists, handed cash over to the Nazis and promoted Hitler.  It'd be a day in hell so cold that Satan would die of hypothermia before I'd give them a penny of my money.  If it were a choice of lining their pockets and getting a ton of Spitfires or doing without, the latter would be my instant choice. 

There's a load of the kits up on ebay now, with people trying to make a quick quid off the back of it.  Besides, they're exactly the same as the last ones they released and it's a slightly reboxed starter set.

Amen.

Weaver

Quote from: AS.12 on January 14, 2018, 01:11:27 PM
MailOnline is the most-read online news site globally: nearly 220 million unique visitors per month.  They have UK, Indian and USA divisions.

I have no interest in the 'news' they package and push but an awful lot of people do.

I routinely see US-based 'political' Youtubers making comments like "OMG have you seen what garbage this MailOnline article is?" and it's like "welcome to my world..."
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

deathjester

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2018, 10:20:32 AM
Typically I only saw this offer at a time when I couldn't take it up. I spent yesterday exploring various military ruins and dugouts in and around Dover, by the time we'd finished the shops were shut.

I took the voucher out of Mum's fella's paper this morning and went up to WHS in the hope they had some left. "Sorry, they all went by lunchtime on Saturday" was the answer.  :banghead:
Not that upset really, it was a freebie.

The cover art on the Daily Mail Weekend magazine was good though. Reminded me of 1960s Airfix box art in a way.
Alright mate!
If you take the voucher back to the shop, you can ask for the assistant to give you a form to send off to get your free Spitfire.  You send this off with an SAE, and they will send you your kit!

rickshaw

Quote from: AS.12 on January 14, 2018, 01:11:27 PM

They also have an Oz division, downunder.  It is much loved by the Right (read extreme Right Wing) posters on fora downunder.   Personally, I've always known it as the "Daily Hate".   It panders to the "I hate all Johnny-Foreigners, they keep coming here, stealing our jobs, taking our women, breaking our winders[sic]"  crowd.   Their hatred of Muslims and Blacks is particularly apparent.   Silly buggers.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

tc2324

...... and I thought this thread was all about getting a free Spitfire.... :wacko:

I don`t like the Daily Fail as much as the next person but getting a Spitfire kit for a quid is something not to be knocked. Even if you don`t want it, your son, daughter, niece or nephew may appreciate it and fundamentally boycotting this offer isn`t going to make the Daily Fail go away.

The term `bite your nose off to spite your face` springs to mind.

(I sent out an email to as many of my work colleagues as possible to get one if they were passing. I`ll keep one with the rest going to the kids or local ATC squadron)  ;D
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

tigercat

from the demographic  of people getting them in queue  in front of me i suspect it was grandparents getting them for grand children. if that gets the grand children interested in modelling  and helps keep airfix going a while longer then all the better.

zenrat

There's a load of the kits up on ebay now, with people trying to make a quick quid off the back of it.  Besides, they're exactly the same as the last ones they released and it's a slightly reboxed starter set.

Well said.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

It's got Chris Evans quite excited on the Radio 2 Breakfast Show though  ;) He's been going on about RAF WWII aircraft for the last few mornings, getting quite "into it"  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.