Waltzing RAM Matilda - 1/35 Tamiya

Started by Old Wombat, January 16, 2018, 07:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotaidh

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 16, 2018, 05:33:47 AM
About half way through piecing together the Bronco individual link tracks. :o

Individual track links?  <shudder>   :banghead:  You are insane.  I'm convinced that that is the way to complete madness.

Most of my armour builds are in 1/72 - I actually like the vinyl one-piece things that Airfix sells as tracks.  I decided early on that the best way with those was needle and thread ... although small staples also worked. 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

NARSES2

Quote from: Scotaidh on March 10, 2018, 07:11:17 AM

Most of my armour builds are in 1/72 - I actually like the vinyl one-piece things that Airfix sells as tracks.  I decided early on that the best way with those was needle and thread ...

Yup, my mum got quite good at it  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I've got the "joining them together bit" sorted on vinyl tracks but I'm buggered if I can get any type of paint to stick to them, especially Tamiya's.

Tracks are all done, now. Just have to prime & paint them, then weather them.

Working out the painting process on the Matilda is, also, a challenge if you don't want the wrong paint on various pieces.

Hopefully by the end of the week ... if I'm lucky ... HA!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Figured an update was somewhat overdue here, so here it is:

Tracks & bogeys are weathered & worn but Matilda, herself, is in her pristine primary paint job. From here it's finish & fit the tracks, fit the side armour & other bits, dirty her up a bit, install the crew & make a base.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Thanks, Fred! :thumbsup:

Tracks painted gun-metal. I'll weather-&-wear them a bit tomorrow, then fit them Saturday night after work.

NARSES2

Interesting. Although Matilda's were used in France we are far more used to seeing them in a desert scheme. Looks a little different in green  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Thanks, Chris. Yep, the Aussie green machines do look a little odd when used to seeing Matilda dressed up as Queen of the Desert. ;)

Note: Someone - & no way is it going to be me - needs to do a Matilda dressed like this;

& a crew who look like this;

chrisonord

This is looking marvellous, and makes me want to build more 35th scale armour. I gave my builds away.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

Thanks, Chris! :thumbsup:

It all comes down to what you're willing to spend & how much display space you have ... or, in my case, how willing you are to ignore said restrictions & build in 1/35 anyway. ;D

chrisonord

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 25, 2018, 07:16:24 AM
Thanks, Chris! :thumbsup:

It all comes down to what you're willing to spend & how much display space you have ... or, in my case, how willing you are to ignore said restrictions & build in 1/35 anyway. ;D
Haha, I don't have much room in my current abode, unless I put stuff in storage, I still have a fair few 1/72nd scale armoured vehicles to do yet that I have no room for, maybe one day I will start building them again, as I can see the parts on these ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

BTW, folks, this is on a short hiatus, as my eldest daughter is moving, not just out of home but out of town, next Tuesday.

She has her first full-time RN nursing position at a Nursing Home down in Millicent (the one where my mother is, in fact), near Mount Gambier in the SE of the state.

The last week has seen lots of prep, with more to do, & the garage (where I do my spray painting) is full of sh... stuff she'll be taking with her.

Then I'll be going down with her for 4 days to help her set up & settle in (also gives me a chance to see "me dear ol' mum" - which doesn't happen often enough).

rickshaw

Good luck, Guy.  Look after your mum, she is important!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: rickshaw on March 25, 2018, 07:29:37 PM
Good luck, Guy.  Look after your mum, she is important!   :thumbsup:

Yes, Mums are.

Hope all goes well with the shift and the new job.

I imagine it'll also be nice for Grandmum & Granddaughter to have a bit of time together, too.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

If they don't end up in a raging screaming match - my mum's an ex-RN. ;D

PS: Just in case you don't know, in this case RN = Registered Nurse (not Royal Navy)