The Grim Thread of 40K Orky Lunacy of or pertaining to The Wrestler of Dessert

Started by puddingwrestler, January 17, 2018, 04:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I'm a tea man at home, coffee when I'm out. Unless it's a workman's cafe type of place. Best cuppa I've had away from home was in Australia, long way to go though  ;D

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

I suspect one of these may be a coffee machine in it's spare time.
I have not had a chance to work on the mysterious machine of mystery since Saturday morning. You will have to wait for updates. Alas. Woe unto the house of Whiffery.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

The Grot Bots are done!

And the mysterious Thing is becoming less mysterious...

Also, took some photos of my whole Orky army. More one the blog.

Weaver

I love the buggies. Makes me want to get one of those Roden Rolls-Royce armoured cars and hot-rod it... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Cheaper to scratch build something.  The bodies are all flat armour plate apart from the turret.  You could use a 1/25 pick up chassis.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on January 24, 2018, 04:03:27 AM
Cheaper to scratch build something.  The bodies are all flat armour plate apart from the turret.  You could use a 1/25 pick up chassis.

Cheaper, but less sacrilegious.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on January 24, 2018, 01:22:18 AM

I love the buggies. Makes me want to get one of those Roden Rolls-Royce armoured cars and hot-rod it... :wacko:

A GMC 6-71 sticking out of the hood and big chrome headers swooping out from under the hood? LOVE that idea!

Somewhere I've got a 1/24 kit of a 1962/3 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud, the single headlamp version, that may get that treatment. Oh yes, big, bulged rear wheel arches with monster drag slicks on the rear wheels too.  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 24, 2018, 01:03:46 PM

A GMC 6-71 sticking out of the hood and big chrome headers swooping out from under the hood? LOVE that idea!

Somewhere I've got a 1/24 kit of a 1962/3 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud, the single headlamp version, that may get that treatment. Oh yes, big, bulged rear wheel arches with monster drag slicks on the rear wheels too.  ;) ;D

You could start a trend of hot-rodding wheeled armour. Imagine an 8x8 APC or armoured car with FOUR different sizes of wheel and the suspension 'adjusted' to be progressively taller, front to back... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on January 24, 2018, 04:12:07 PM

You could start a trend of hot-rodding wheeled armour. Imagine an 8x8 APC or armoured car with FOUR different sizes of wheel and the suspension 'adjusted' to be progressively taller, front to back... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

If the basic kits weren't so expensive I could do that to a Stolly, but with a BIG engine in the load bed!

Which reminds me that I just MSUT rebuild my RR Merlin powered GMC van with the exhausts poking out of the roof.............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 24, 2018, 04:53:37 PM
Quote from: Weaver on January 24, 2018, 04:12:07 PM

If the basic kits weren't so expensive I could do that to a Stolly, but with a BIG engine in the load bed!

Which reminds me that I just MSUT rebuild my RR Merlin powered GMC van with the exhausts poking out of the roof.............

Do it in 1/76th with an S&M one. You could cut'n'shut the cab roof lower too: with a row of chrome spotlights on the front, that'd look quite the thing.... ;D

I've been thinking about ways to hot-rod the RR Armoured Car while keeping the turret ring horizontal, and I've just realised something. You have that empty load-bed behind the fighting compartment, right? Well that could accommodate MUCH bigger rear wheels, without tilting the chassis. What you'd have to do is cut the back of the chassis off and re-mount it higher, with a transfer box to take the drive up to it. You'd lose the rear doors of course, but you'd still have the side ones. you could easily fit a V8 in the existing engine bay: the original straight six looks a bit lost in there as it is. I'd be inclined to leave all the covers off... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

Cheaper to scratch build something.  The bodies are all flat armour plate apart from the turret. 
The body in question

You could use a 1/25 pick up chassis.
The Chassis in question (featuring the engine in question)

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

puddingwrestler

Waaagh Snaggatoof has now returned from running around Cancon failing to win anything. I have returned to school and can no longer work on mysterious orky things all day, but I have done so with a vast haul from the second hand stall, including over 60 boyz, 15+ nobs, 12 deff koptas, two warbosses... and a game called Warhamster Rally.
Progress has naturally slowed; yet last night was The Descent of the Hobbyists unto The Hoodling's Hole. Which meant I had some time. And this happened.

Let the speculation begin!

zenrat

Fred