The Grim Thread of 40K Orky Lunacy of or pertaining to The Wrestler of Dessert

Started by puddingwrestler, January 17, 2018, 04:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 13, 2019, 07:00:05 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 12, 2019, 07:55:27 AM

You are aware that cats aren't real, right? :unsure: That they're just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles, right? :unsure:

That would explain an awful lot.  :angel:

So this soft, furry enigma that's inhabiting my lap currently is a solid figment of my overactive imagination?
I didn't think my imagination was that good - or warped...  ;D :o :rolleyes:

puddingwrestler

Once more, the race that stops the nation fails to stop my hobby. It did manage to slow it down a little for about half an hour, but it failed to stop it.
I tender this as proof.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

puddingwrestler

Exciting news! Things are happening again!

Also some terrain updates.

philp

That is looking interesting PW.

I still have plans to make a Sherman mech based on a well known drawing but not sure I like the arms or legs as designed.  Did pick up the Meng Toon Sherman to serve as a base as the hull is about right with no mods needed.

Did you take pics of how you designed and built the legs?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

There are plenty of progress shots on the blog, but I did not so much design the legs as throw things together and hope. It is the orky way.

puddingwrestler

NARSES2

TheChronicOne

Some neat stuff going on here!!  I like the little hippo guy and the remarks!!  Anyway...I'm on board.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: puddingwrestler on July 21, 2019, 01:54:44 PM
"In the distant future of the year 1992, war had returned to the Galaxy"
  -Gloryhammer (opening narration to the album 'Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards')

And this is what said war looked like in 1992!

I have always assumed that they did not mean that 1992 WAS the distant future, I assumed they meant the distant future as fortold BY 1992, and since Warhammer 40,000 2nd edition came out about them, and going by the general themes and lyrics of Gloryhammer 40K is a clear influence, I figured that everything they talk about looked sort of 40K 2nd edition.
Okay, so the vehicles are a bit more 1st edition, although both are based on Epic designs which overlapped with 2nd Edition until Epic 40,000 was released in the late 90s...
Anyway, got some pics of the painted Gobsmasha on the blog...

These are so cool.....   :wub: :wub: :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

puddingwrestler

The Gobsmasha (the one in front) was almost the subject of a tutorial, but it stalled for a while, and then it appears I deleted the progress pics from my phone not realising I had not downloaded them yet...

TheChronicOne

It would indeed be neat to see a detailed series of how it came to be; shame that those pics went away. I like the one in the back the best, personally.  Bear in mind that I have no experience with Warhammer et. al. but I know cool when I see it and there's something about the whole "house" nature of the back one and the "cannon on treads" of the first one that in my mind give me memories of things from my childhood which such as LEGO, Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3. 
-Sprues McDuck-