The Grim Thread of 40K Orky Lunacy of or pertaining to The Wrestler of Dessert

Started by puddingwrestler, January 17, 2018, 04:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

I feel you should be made aware that my faith in the reliability of Scale Reference Cat has just taken a severe knock...

Posted on Twitter by Mothra P.I. here: https://twitter.com/Hardywolf359/status/978593081795760128
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rick Lowe

Yikes! That's a BIG Kitty!

"I'm NOT fat, Hummin, I'm just Big-Boned."

puddingwrestler

Scale Reference Cat has had his Kaiju moments. He likes to sit smuggly in the middle of my terrain collection and nibble on the trees...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: puddingwrestler on March 29, 2018, 03:57:08 PM
Scale Reference Cat has had his Kaiju moments. He likes to sit smuggly in the middle of my terrain collection and nibble on the trees...

It's not that he enjoys the taste, or needs his teeth flossed, it's simply that it annoys Dad...

...Because CAT!...

puddingwrestler

puddingwrestler

kitnut617

Quote from: nighthunter on March 22, 2018, 03:45:00 AM
It's grand that I know what you all are referencing. Let's not forget "torch" for "flashlight", "lift" instead of "elevator" etc.

And if you go into a supermarket and asked for a rubber, you'll be directed to the pharmacy ---- not where the office supplies are    :wacko:
And for loo rolls, you'd be shown where the music center is    ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 09, 2018, 02:09:43 PM

And if you go into a supermarket and asked for a rubber, you'll be directed to the pharmacy ---- not where the office supplies are    :wacko:
And for loo rolls, you'd be shown where the music center is    ;D

I have some odd looks whilst in the States at times, but I did leave them guessing when I asked where the "bog" rolls were  ;D

Mind you my accent and speed of speech normally causes more problems then language (it can in parts of the UK as well).
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

I have just pulled the mold of the first set of war trakk components - the wheels this time. I will do some test casts soon. Also pour some more molds for other components. The mold looks pretty good, although one of the wheels took some damage when I went to pull it from the plasticard I had hot glued it to for molding.

puddingwrestler

I've started developing moulds from some of my models. Here's the first test cast - it's got some problems with details not casting and bubbles. I think I may have solved this.

More details are available to those brave souls who follow... this link.

puddingwrestler

Once more have I descended from the mountains of madness clutching some strange thing wrought of PLasticard.
This time it is a very old fashioned thing wrought of Plasticard.
You may look upon videographic evidence of this startling turn of events.
Scale Reference Cat does not guest star in this one, alas.

puddingwrestler

Do you long to look upon my works in person?
Do you lie awake at night tortured by thoughts of orky madness?
Do you yearn to drive very, very fast while shooting wildly in all directions?

Your prayers have been answered! I will be running NAZORK at Little Wars 2018 on June 2nd, in the hallowed halls of Kingston Town Hall in Moorabin, which is part of Melbourne and near to a rather nice air museum, featuring a CAC Ceres among other things of interest.
I regret that Scale Reference Cat has declined to join me in this endeavour. He plans to (and I quote here from the press pack issued at his last press conference) "lie around and rumble loudly all day."

You can find out more about NAZORK here
and Little Wars here.

puddingwrestler

Alas, I cannot embed a video here, or I should embed videographic evidence of Blingboss Nazgob Snaggatoof, and his might Mekky Throne.
I am forced therefore merely to link to same.

NARSES2