The Grim Thread of 40K Orky Lunacy of or pertaining to The Wrestler of Dessert

Started by puddingwrestler, January 17, 2018, 04:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 11, 2019, 03:27:24 PM
Quote from: Weaver on July 11, 2019, 02:51:10 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 10, 2019, 10:24:09 PM
I rather like the whole concept of a 'Scale Reference Cat'.  ;D ;)

Careful Kit, you can't trust the Scale Reference Cat to be accurate: he's consistently refused to publish it's calibration certificate. I suspect that it's out of tolerance...

And an Australian Reference Cat, even if calibrated, might not conform to BS9001 would it?  :-\

Well it'd almost certainly rotate the other way, for a start...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on July 11, 2019, 04:32:24 PM

Careful Kit, you can't trust the Scale Reference Cat to be accurate: he's consistently refused to publish it's calibration certificate. I suspect that it's out of tolerance...

And an Australian Reference Cat, even if calibrated, might not conform to BS9001 would it?  :-\

You know that's an urban myth don't you?  I was gutted when I found out.  It had been the basis of a whole Simpsons episode and I truely believed it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on July 12, 2019, 04:08:14 AM

You know that's an urban myth don't you?  I was gutted when I found out.  It had been the basis of a whole Simpsons episode and I truely believed it.

You'll be telling me that Scale Reference Cats (calibrated or not) aren't real next... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on July 12, 2019, 04:17:02 AM

You'll be telling me that Scale Reference Cats (calibrated or not) aren't real next... ;)

You are aware that cats aren't real, right? :unsure: That they're just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles, right? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 12, 2019, 07:55:27 AM
Quote from: Weaver on July 12, 2019, 04:17:02 AM

You are aware that cats aren't real, right? :unsure: That they're just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles, right? :unsure:

If Madame Rheged catches the cat that's been using our garden for its personal functions, there might well be a collision between her foot and the cat, resulting in a degree of discomfort to the cat, no matter how  enigmatic   its conundrum  particles might be.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 12, 2019, 07:55:27 AM

That would explain an awful lot.  :angel:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

<...> And an Australian Reference Cat, even if calibrated, might not conform to BS9001 would it?  :-\

Probably venomous or something!  :blink:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 13, 2019, 05:31:27 PM
<...> And an Australian Reference Cat, even if calibrated, might not conform to BS9001 would it?  :-\

It's the Drop-Cats you really have to watch out for...

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on July 13, 2019, 08:40:35 PM

The cats are worse than the bears - they always drop on their feet.
  ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 14, 2019, 03:20:46 AM
Quote from: Weaver on July 13, 2019, 08:40:35 PM

The cats are worse than the bears - they always drop on their feet.
  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

puddingwrestler

"In the distant future of the year 1992, war had returned to the Galaxy"
  -Gloryhammer (opening narration to the album 'Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards')

And this is what said war looked like in 1992!

I have always assumed that they did not mean that 1992 WAS the distant future, I assumed they meant the distant future as fortold BY 1992, and since Warhammer 40,000 2nd edition came out about them, and going by the general themes and lyrics of Gloryhammer 40K is a clear influence, I figured that everything they talk about looked sort of 40K 2nd edition.
Okay, so the vehicles are a bit more 1st edition, although both are based on Epic designs which overlapped with 2nd Edition until Epic 40,000 was released in the late 90s...
Anyway, got some pics of the painted Gobsmasha on the blog...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

I'm... Back... (imagine the Duke Nukem II intro here, but with a fat guy with a goatee...)

And I bring you ORKNESS STATION!
A NEW WODER MATERIAL!
A JAMMED CAPSLOCK KEY!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: puddingwrestler on October 01, 2019, 04:38:31 AM
I'm... Back... (imagine the Duke Nukem II intro here, but with a fat guy with a goatee...)

A JAMMED CAPSLOCK KEY!

Good to see your Madness-ship's return!

And I understand a hammer can work wonders... for your frustration level, if not for the well-being of said keyboard...

NARSES2