Panther F / E50 Hybrid 1/72

Started by The Chaos, January 21, 2018, 06:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

Hello,
my newst build in 1/72 a E-50 on Panther F chassis.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Dizzyfugu

Very cool, I like this hybrid. Looks like Hasegawa (light grey), Armourfast (dark grey), some ESCI donors and lots of improvisation?

The Chaos

Thanks and yes a lot of improvisation.  :mellow:

rickshaw

I think you'll need a "lip" around the turret. It is mounted too high and exposing the turret ring.  It would become a vulnerable spot and an obvious aiming point for Allied AT and Tank gunners.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Quote from: rickshaw on January 21, 2018, 05:29:55 PM
I think you'll need a "lip" around the turret. It is mounted too high and exposing the turret ring.  It would become a vulnerable spot and an obvious aiming point for Allied AT and Tank gunners.

It'd become a game of "Pop the Turret Off the Panther" (a.k.a. "Pop Goes the Panther!").

If it's a matter of negative elevation (below horizontal), I'd suggest moving the turret slightly forward, the Panther turret is bigger than that of the E-50; so, moving the E-50 turret forward, so that the traverse-diameters intersect at the front of that of the Panther, should fix that issue without creating such a big shot-trap.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

If it was to be an F it should have the late steel road wheel type not the dish type. That's a very bad miss match between the hull and turret, they should be flush. The side skirts would also be of the late Panther type and you could also add the I.R. night fighting equipment if you wanted.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Chaos

Update
paintig commpledet, next stepp weathering

Old Wombat

That's better! No "Pop Goes the Panther". :thumbsup: ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 28, 2018, 09:18:42 AM
That's better! No "Pop Goes the Panther". :thumbsup: ;)

Second that, the "lowered" turret changes the look a lot, and is more plausible, too.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos

NARSES2

That is splendid, especially when you consider it's 1/72  :o  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu