Cold War GB 2018 Discussion Thread

Started by NARSES2, February 01, 2018, 02:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I may have to pull out from my builds for this GB, at least for the GB itself, I'll still build them but it'll take longer.  :banghead:

I've got a lot of railway stuff landed on my plate and I've been asked to help out the local ATC Squadron build an 'RAF 100' diorama. NO chance of that being done by April 1st of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TallEng

Your a busy man Kit, and I guess the APT-T could also be seen as a potential Whiff (all be it an expensive one on OO)
Good luck to you and those involved in this exciting project of what could have been a winner.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on March 26, 2018, 04:49:06 PM

Your a busy man Kit, and I guess the APT-T could also be seen as a potential Whiff (all be it an expensive one on OO)
Good luck to you and those involved in this exciting project of what could have been a winner.

It's certainly a 'Project Cancelled', and after a few suggestions at Telford last year my APT-E model may appear on the PC stand this year.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Okay mods, I'm in need of a ruling again. This was a fully built model, 50 years ago. It is now far from it, as you can see, and missing sections that will need to be fabricated from scratch. It is also going to undergo some significant sawing.

So, eligible? (Half-hoping no, I've already got a lot on my plate :blink: ;D )

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: The Rat on April 28, 2018, 04:59:44 PM
Okay mods, I'm in need of a ruling again. This was a fully built model, 50 years ago. It is now far from it, as you can see, and missing sections that will need to be fabricated from scratch. It is also going to undergo some significant sawing.

So, eligible? (Half-hoping no, I've already got a lot on my plate :blink: ;D )

It's a yes.

Good luck getting all that paint and the decals off.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

The Rat

Quote from: zenrat on April 30, 2018, 02:51:15 AM
It's a yes.

Good luck getting all that paint and the decals off.

Thank you! (Calls rental shop to reserve sandblaster)
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

4 1/2 Days left!
In light of Weaver's recent family bereavement please direct any final questions, issues and requests for an extension (accompanied by the appropriate bribe) to me rather than to him.
Fred

TheChronicOne

Well, if amicable and others need it, I suggest an extension. I'll certainly not be making the initial deadline, yet, am positive I could get it (my lone project) done with another week or so.

:mellow:

All bribes are already on record.  ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Well, we have already had a discussion on this subject and in light of the fact that the One Week GB is running 9th to 17th June I have been authorised to offer an extension of one week (we don't want to overlap building periods but feel that having the Cold War vote running at the same time as the One Week build is acceptable if we all channel our feminine sides and multi-task).

So, deadline is hereby extended to local midnight Friday 07-06-18.

Good luck to all of you still building.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 30, 2018, 04:43:50 AM
is acceptable if we all channel our feminine sides and multi-task).

It's normally a disaster when I try and multi-task  :banghead:

TheChronicOne

Most glorious.   :mellow: :mellow:   Pretty close to painting mine so it won't be long now!
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

51 1/2 hours to go, Melbourne time.
A bit more if you're West of me, less for the Kiwis.
Fred