Cold War GB 2018 Inspiration

Started by NARSES2, February 01, 2018, 05:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

The place to post any illustrations or photos that you think others may find inspirational

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Here you go comrades.  When I think Cold War aircraft I think spy planes.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Was tempted by one of these at the weekend until I saw the price:

You could put the kit in some other air force's markings (France? Taiwan?) or you could build something similar using WWII bomber parts and early jet engines. I've always thought the B-26 Marauder would be a good basis for an early jet, since it's quite 'modern' looking for WWII.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on February 02, 2018, 01:35:41 AM

I've got one of those H, and believe me, you DON'T want one! The canopy, a majorly visible part of the aircraft, is diabolical!   :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

...You could put the kit in some other air force's markings (France? Taiwan?) or you could build something similar using WWII bomber parts and early jet engines. I've always thought the B-26 Marauder would be a good basis for an early jet, since it's quite 'modern' looking for WWII...

Marauder or Intruder with Canberra or B57 wings  :thumbsup:

I still have a B57 fuselage and a pair of Mosquito wings in the parts box...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on February 02, 2018, 02:33:20 AM
...You could put the kit in some other air force's markings (France? Taiwan?) or you could build something similar using WWII bomber parts and early jet engines. I've always thought the B-26 Marauder would be a good basis for an early jet, since it's quite 'modern' looking for WWII...

Marauder or Intruder with Canberra or B57 wings  :thumbsup:

I still have a B57 fuselage and a pair of Mosquito wings in the parts box...

Marauder with IL-28 engine nacelles and dihedral tailplanes was what I was thinking...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

I have a pair of Il-28 nacelles in the parts box as well...

...but they are going on a Rotodyne.
Fred

Mossie

I didn't know that anyone did a 1/24 Il-28. :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Yes all their kit prices are a bit steep  :o and the fit can be very interesting if not intriguing at times. They do some nice stuff though in terms of the types I tend to want, but I tend to walk away and say "do I really want that type/model" and quite often find I don't really  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 02, 2018, 07:12:24 AM

Yes all their kit prices are a bit steep  :o and the fit can be very interesting if not intriguing at times. They do some nice stuff though in terms of the types I tend to want, but I tend to walk away and say "do I really want that type/model" and quite often find I don't really  ;)

I do wish Mach 2 would do something about their transparencies, it's not that they're not clear enough (they aren't....) it's more that the windows are so rough. My B-45's canopy looks as if it's been pebble-dashed, and I've got the Falcon vacform to replace it.

Regards
Kit

McColm

I had an idea to put Canberra wings on a
B-17.
I have to agree with Kit about the glazing in Mach2 models. Although the Sud Caravelle does come with two canopies. I'm thinking of putting the engines from the A-10C on it and a camera pack carried in the lower fuselage.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 02, 2018, 10:16:31 AM

I do wish Mach 2 would do something about their transparencies, it's not that they're not clear enough (they aren't....) it's more that the windows are so rough. My B-45's canopy looks as if it's been pebble-dashed, and I've got the Falcon vacform to replace it.

Point of order: the kit I was tempted by and which I posted box art from was by Valom, not Mach 2....

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on February 02, 2018, 02:02:18 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 02, 2018, 10:16:31 AM

Point of order: the kit I was tempted by and which I posted box art from was by Valom, not Mach 2....

Ah, OK.

The Valom one can't help but be better than the Mach2 offering, but as you say, it's bound to be pricey!

Regards
Kit

zenrat

The one Valom kit I have built (Lockheed XFV Salmon) was terrible.

Fred