What cars would you like to see reborn?

Started by McColm, February 02, 2018, 12:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Beermonster58 on May 18, 2023, 01:22:28 AMNone! Unless it's FAB 1 of course! ;)

It's still here, I saw it at Gaydon last weekend, in all it's glorious pinkness!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: killnoizer on May 17, 2023, 10:18:13 PMThe B - Manta is okay, but the A was a real design milestone in Germany together with the GT . 

Funny/sad thing: Opel (now part of the Stellantis Corp. and a sister brand of Peugeot!) revives the iconic Manta A front design and puts it on SUV/EVs now...  :banghead:

BTW, the Manta B already had an image problem before the (poor) movie; the latter just tried to capitalize on the public jokes about its owners/drivers/mates that had already been around for some years.

killnoizer

... and I thought that it was german problem.
  Was the movie real known outside our borders ? 
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 18, 2023, 05:31:13 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on May 18, 2023, 01:22:28 AMNone! Unless it's FAB 1 of course! ;)

It's still here, I saw it at Gaydon last weekend, in all it's glorious pinkness!  ;D
:thumbsup:  ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

killnoizer

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Devilfish

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 18, 2023, 05:46:07 AM
Quote from: killnoizer on May 17, 2023, 10:18:13 PMThe B - Manta is okay, but the A was a real design milestone in Germany together with the GT . 

Funny/sad thing: Opel (now part of the Stellantis Corp. and a sister brand of Peugeot!) revives the iconic Manta A front design and puts it on SUV/EVs now...  :banghead:

BTW, the Manta B already had an image problem before the (poor) movie; the latter just tried to capitalize on the public jokes about its owners/drivers/mates that had already been around for some years.

Well luckily there were/are a few of us that ignored the public opinion, as engine for engine, it was faster and certainly handled better than its main competitor (Capri).  The advantage the Capri had was it was cheaper.

Dizzyfugu

And the Capri came with 6 cylinder engines, the Manta always had to make do with its ancestors' rather civic 4 cylinder powerplants.

NARSES2

Quote from: Devilfish on May 22, 2023, 01:23:40 AMWell luckily there were/are a few of us that ignored the public opinion, as engine for engine, it was faster and certainly handled better than its main competitor (Capri).  The advantage the Capri had was it was cheaper.

Had a girlfriend who had access to a 3 Litre Capri, memory is that you needed to know what you were doing when driving it. Luckily she did  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

When I was working in South Africa one trip, in the early 80s, the rental company gave me a 3 litre V6 Cortina PICKUP!  :o

They called it a 'bakkie' out there, and that's just how it handled, the rear end would come loose if I so much as breathed hard on some bends. Of course it really needed something heavy in the back all the time, like an elepant!

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 22, 2023, 11:28:52 AMWhen I was working in South Africa one trip, in the early 80s, the rental company gave me a 3 litre V6 Cortina PICKUP!  :o

They called it a 'bakkie' out there, and that's just how it handled, the rear end would come loose if I so much as breathed hard on some bends. Of course it really needed something heavy in the back all the time, like an elepant!
One car I saw was in Joburg which to this day ive always wanted.
Ford XR4I Sierra with a factory fitted 351 Cleveland V8 ..yes please  ;D
If I got one I'd then modify it..upgrade the brakes and suspension and fit a modern automatic gearbox with paddle shift  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw on May 22, 2023, 03:19:20 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 22, 2023, 11:28:52 AMWhen I was working in South Africa one trip, in the early 80s, the rental company gave me a 3 litre V6 Cortina PICKUP!  :o

One car I saw was in Joburg which to this day ive always wanted.
Ford XR4I Sierra with a factory fitted 351 Cleveland V8 ..yes please  ;D
If I got one I'd then modify it..upgrade the brakes and suspension and fit a modern automatic gearbox with paddle shift  :wacko:

XR8 Sierra,  Four door Sierra with the 5.0 Mustang V8.  Just 250 built.
https://www.justcars.com.au/news-and-reviews/1984-ford-sierra-xr-8/751590

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

killnoizer

Anything you do with that.

It will be a SIERRA .   

That's the same for me like those thousands of tuned VW Golf here all around .  It stay's what it is .  :banghead:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2023, 05:25:48 AMXR8 Sierra,  Four door Sierra with the 5.0 Mustang V8.  Just 250 built.

Reminds me of the late Rover 75 (IIRC it was already re-badged as an MG ZT) with a 4.6l Ford V8 and rear-wheel drive instead of the usual front drive. It was only built for two and a half years, really rare and exotic.

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 24, 2023, 12:10:44 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2023, 05:25:48 AMXR8 Sierra,  Four door Sierra with the 5.0 Mustang V8.  Just 250 built.

Reminds me of the late Rover 75 (IIRC it was already re-badged as an MG ZT) with a 4.6l Ford V8 and rear-wheel drive instead of the usual front drive. It was only built for two and a half years, really rare and exotic.
I know the car your talking about Dizzy..that was kind of a cool idea executed notbin the greatest of ways..needed more power for damn sure ..fitting it with that ancient iron block was not a good idea..should have been a 5ltr ..even one from a fox body Mustang would have been a better choice.

As for the Sierra..I'd still take one in a heart beat especially a V8 powered one..there serious money now and the RS500 Cosworths are worth stupid money...their getting very rare now and can be very seriously modified.
I am thinking how much work would be needed to put a Coyote engine into one..im thinking a ton of work.. it's a very wide motor , but the power gains would be worth it and it would be quite different..if now then a alloy block Ford racing motor..351 Windsor will work..easy 600hp ...alot more with turbos and NoS  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .