What cars would you like to see reborn?

Started by McColm, February 02, 2018, 12:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

E-Type Jaguar or Gene Hunt's Ford Cortina Mk III
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nigel Bunker

Quote from: kitbasher on November 11, 2022, 10:40:48 AME-Type Jaguar or Gene Hunt's Ford Cortina Mk III

The Mk III Cortina needed a 1 cwt sack of sand in the boot if you wanted to go quickly around corners without loosing the back end.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Geoff

SAAB -96 v4 (had one of these) :wub:
Volvo PV 544
Volvo Amazon 121
Volvo 144

scooter

Quote from: Geoff on November 12, 2022, 01:56:14 AMVolvo PV 544

Second on the 544.  My father had one when I was growing up. 
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Pellson

Quote from: scooter on November 12, 2022, 04:06:38 AM
Quote from: Geoff on November 12, 2022, 01:56:14 AMVolvo PV 544

Second on the 544.  My father had one when I was growing up. 

And my mum. Three actually, but I only remember the last one.

I myself had a 1972 SAAB 96 V4 as my first car. Jolly good fun, until the floor pan simply rusted off under the pedals, threatening to totally break off. I bought it off the neighbours a few years older and oh so pretty daughter, and I can still remember the lovely scent she left in the car..  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on November 12, 2022, 02:05:50 PMI myself had a 1972 SAAB 96 V4 as my first car. Jolly good fun, until the floor pan simply rusted off under the pedals, threatening to totally break off. I bought it off the neighbours a few years older and oh so pretty daughter, and I can still remember the lovely scent she left in the car..  :wub:

Lucky Pellson!   The mid 1950's Land Rover  my mate and I bought between us  at  Lancaster Uni in 1971 was NOT so fragrant.   It came from a sheep farm and we had to comprehensively steam clean it to remove quantities of sundry animal by-products before it could be driven anywhere with the windows shut.  However, we didn't have the floor pan rust away.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

The Delorean DMC, with all its faults resolved. The brushed steel being a pint option. The door windows would open properly with stronger struts. The V6 engine replaced by something with more power and a top speed of more than 88mph.

scooter

Quote from: McColm on November 12, 2022, 03:04:28 PMThe Delorean DMC, with all its faults resolved. The brushed steel being a pint option. The door windows would open properly with stronger struts. The V6 engine replaced by something with more power and a top speed of more than 88mph.

Can I get a Mr Fusion as an option?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

It was readily available in 2015, I bet they come as standard in all but the baseline models now.  :mellow:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thundereagle1997

The Holden brand f Australian cars since I'm an autistic Aussie

rickshaw

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on November 13, 2022, 09:36:45 PMThe Holden brand f Australian cars since I'm an autistic Aussie

I worked at the Elizabeth Holden's factory in the early 2000s.  It was interesting watching the robots take their coffee breaks.  They did it at the same time as the human workers.  I used to do IT support.  Interesting place.  There were one or two old fitters who had started work back in the 1930s and were still going strong.  Holdens was unable to retire them because their payouts would have been huge.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

thundereagle1997

Quote from: rickshaw on November 15, 2022, 08:24:14 PM
Quote from: thundereagle1997 on November 13, 2022, 09:36:45 PMThe Holden brand f Australian cars since I'm an autistic Aussie

I worked at the Elizabeth Holden's factory in the early 2000s.  It was interesting watching the robots take their coffee breaks.  They did it at the same time as the human workers.  I used to do IT support.  Interesting place.  There were one or two old fitters who had started work back in the 1930s and were still going strong.  Holdens was unable to retire them because their payouts would have been huge.   :thumbsup:
I'm impressed with that announcement because I actually miss the Holden brand itself & the drongos at General Motors were fools to not sell the Holden brand back to Australia

jcf

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on November 15, 2022, 09:25:18 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on November 15, 2022, 08:24:14 PM

I worked at the Elizabeth Holden's factory in the early 2000s.  It was interesting watching the robots take their coffee breaks.  They did it at the same time as the human workers.  I used to do IT support.  Interesting place.  There were one or two old fitters who had started work back in the 1930s and were still going strong.  Holdens was unable to retire them because their payouts would have been huge.  :thumbsup:
I'm impressed with that announcement because I actually miss the Holden brand itself & the drongos at General Motors were fools to not sell the Holden brand back to Australia
Who would have had the money to be able to make such a purchase? What would they do with it
afterwards?

GM might of been willing to sell the physical plant along with the name, but it's extremely unlikely that
they'd sell the rights and the engineering to put their designs back into production. Holden production
in Australia required parts, components and assemblies produced by GM divisions in other parts of the
world.

A reborn Holden, building modern vehicles, would be a near impossible task, the financial and logistical
challenges beyond daunting.

PR19_Kit

No doubt all very true, but we can always dream................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Licensing the name from GM to produce copies of a retro-ride like the Efigy could possibly
be done, but it would still be expensive and a legal swamp. A ute version would probably
sell relatively well, but in either case they'd have to be very expen$ive.

Holden Efigy

You cannot view this attachment.