Martin Baker Long Ranger NF.1

Started by kitnut617, February 05, 2018, 01:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Well, maybe some airframes survived in the Commonwealth for some more time...? How about an Australian dirt-mover (Beware of the Bunyip!)?

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Very nice Robert,
It's making me want to build one as a turbo prop too, but maybe as a single seater. Honduras air force with various ground pounding weapons
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

b29r

That is a very fine conversion, Robert, top shelf stuff!  :wub:  This one has COIN fighter written all over it, so I think we will all be watching to see what other developments come about.

Turboprop sounds like a great starting point as mentioned.  Great job and storyline.

Best regards,
Kem

PR19_Kit

Cor, that looks great Robert. Especially the 'clouds from above' colour scheme, unique as far as I know.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Many thanks Kit, Chris, Kem. I really appreciate all the comments from everyone.

Glenn Gilbertson

kitnut617

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kitnut617

Hi Ed ---

Thanks very much, appreciate the comments

Rick Lowe

That came out really well.

I like the Tiger Stripe cam for the Fjords.
And she's really loaded for Bear - or U-boats, as the case may be!  ;D

Just a question about the radiator duct outlet; in some of the photos it seems to be closed and not show up, would this be because the engine wasn't running?

kitnut617

Thanks Rick,

In some of the photos that have been posted of the real thing, it shows the radiator flap in the up position. Could be for two reasons, 1, that's it's normal position when the engine isn't running, or 2, it's not there --- just like the photos show no undercarriage doors. But! my point was, there should be an opening if the flap is there --- Every other radiator exit on other aircraft has an opening whether the flap is open or closed.

CammNut

Pictures show the flap open on the ground and in the air, with the engine running and not running. As the flap is there to control airflow though the radiator, it may have been open or closed based on engine temperature, or power. If the aircraft was flying fast, but not at full power, you might want to limit the flow through the radiator so as not to overcool the coolant, for example. Or flying slow at full power, such as on takeoff, you might want to maximise the flow and cooling. They do something like this on piston-powered light aircraft as they descend to prevent shock-cooling of the pistons, I think.