Copper State Models

Started by Mossie, February 11, 2018, 12:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Caudron G.III ready for pre order:

The Facebook page mentions an Italian boxing is coming and a Finnish floatplane is a distinct possibility.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Just look at all that rigging...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

We might need a whip-round to buy Zac a guide dog.  Can't do anything about the madness, he's already here... :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Quote from: Mossie on November 03, 2021, 04:07:05 AM
We might need a whip-round to buy Zac a guide dog.  Can't do anything about the madness, he's already here... :wacko:
You're not far wrong. A friend has messaged me to say he's bought two of these kits: one for me to build for him, the other as payment for my work  :o :o
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

frank2056

I wonder if you could train spiders to do the rigging...

Old Wombat

Quote from: KiwiZac on November 03, 2021, 04:47:55 PM
Quote from: Mossie on November 03, 2021, 04:07:05 AM
You're not far wrong. A friend has messaged me to say he's bought two of these kits: one for me to build for him, the other as payment for my work  :o :o

Payment or punishment? :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on November 03, 2021, 07:06:10 PM
I wonder if you could train spiders to do the rigging...

You'd probably get charged with animal cruelty if you tried that over here  ;D

Models like that are way beyond me nowadays, and have been for years, but I wish they'd been available 40 years ago or so when my hand/eye co-ordination was a tad better then it is now  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

1/35 Fahrpanzer.

1/32 Hansa Brandenburg D.I.  Distant future release as it's more expensive than smaller kits like the Caudron G.III

1/35 Lebedenko/Tsar tank teasers.  This'll be enormous, 25cm/10 inches tall by 50cm/20 inches long!

jcf

Will piano wire be supplied for the spokes on the Lebedenko?  :unsure: :wacko: ;D ;)

zenrat

For those who don't know what it is...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Fascinating - cheers Mossie  :thumbsup:

I'm just imagining the Fahrpanzer. in an 1890 Panzer Division with a fully caparisoned horse (more likely a pair) as the motive power  ;)

Mossie

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on April 07, 2022, 03:52:23 PM
Will piano wire be supplied for the spokes on the Lebedenko?  :unsure: :wacko: ;D ;)

There was a discussion on their facebook page about WWI bicycles and if they should provide the spokes as plastic, etch or both.  The consensus was both if possible, etch if there was only one option.

To be honest, I'd like an affordable kit in 1/72 (the Kora and Zebrano kit go for £150+), it'd still be a pretty imposing in that scale.

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 08, 2022, 05:31:00 AM

I'm just imagining the Fahrpanzer. in an 1890 Panzer Division with a fully caparisoned horse (more likely a pair) as the motive power  ;)

I like that.  I've got some dinosaur kits, gives me ideas... :o

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 08, 2022, 05:31:00 AM

Meh.

Go Gothic or Go Home.  ;) :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Must admit I was thinking of a full Eastern Roman or Sassanian bard, but the Gothic would suit  :thumbsup: