Westland Wyvern F1A

Started by zenrat, February 24, 2018, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

What he said lol

Looks good tho !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fuselage halves glued together today.  Some PSR will be needed.  More due to my clumsiness than Trumpeters model.
I also scratched up a wing mounted radar pod from a Mosquito slipper tank and a B57 drop tank.  This will be needed for the Firestreaks.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

The Wyvern is now in one large lump, primed and set for PSR.
Wyvern F.1A WIP 12-03-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

And a surprisingly large lump. I was certainly taken aback a bit when I built mine.

Looks good in primer, as do most models for some reason  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Yes.  When I built the first one I deliberately used an undersized pilot to make it look even larger.
Fred

zenrat

PSR.  Fit isn't terrible on these (apart from one of the wing root inlets - both need fettling but one is miss-shaped and needs building up slightly) but it could be better.
Also plugging all the hardware mounting holes in the wing undersurfaces that I am not going to use.
...and as I typed that I've realised I plugged the drop tank holes which I am going to need - bugger.
Fred

zenrat

PSR complete and painting has begun.
Since it is to be an RAF aircraft I am doing it in the 41-45 fighter scheme of green and grey over grey with a sky fuselage band and letters (assuming I can find some in my decal folder).  I'm using Vallejo paints from their WW2 RAF set and while I am using their recommended shades i'm pretty sure the underside grey is darker than reality.
Not that it really matters as its a whiff.
Fred

zenrat

Two coats of green and one coat of grey.
Wyvern F1.A WIP 27-03-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
At least one more coat of each will be required.
Fred

Old Wombat

Damn, that tail's HUGE from that angle! :o

"Does my butt look big in this scheme?" :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Paint done.  I cleared her today.  Pic is prior to that.
Decals next.
Wyvern F.1A WIP 30-03-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

NARSES2