Westland Wyvern F1A

Started by zenrat, February 24, 2018, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thanks dudes.

Main decals are on.  I took a pic but phone and toplap are refusing to talk again.
Tomorrow I shall apply the stencils.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

I'm now seeing one in B.P.F. markings
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Stencils on today.  Not too many (it's not a Phantom after all) but they add a certain je ne sais quoi.

Fred

Dizzyfugu

That's looking very good. The RAF scheme suits the Wyvern surprisingly well.  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Oh yeah. Now that is nice. Such a cool looking aeroplane, and she defo looks great in those colours !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Some movement at the station.

Props are assembled and attached and i've satin cleared the whole thing.
I'm now working on the fiddley bits - wheels, legs, doors, flaps, missiles and canopy.
Fred

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

zenrat

Missile rails attached and painted.
First colour on the flaps painted.
Wheels attached to legs.
Firestreaks are already painted white and just need some stripes on the bodies.  Most interweb pics show the ones with clear heads had black stripes so i'll colour some thin masking tape with a texta and use that.

I still need to work out how and exactly where to attach the rather large RATO units.  And paint them.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 09, 2018, 02:29:30 AM

I still need to work out how and exactly where to attach the rather large RATO units.  And paint them.

They'd fit nicely in those handy tube things in the side of the fuselage. I always wondered what they were for on the Wyvern...........  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 09, 2018, 04:58:40 AM
They'd fit nicely in those handy tube things in the side of the fuselage. I always wondered what they were for on the Wyvern...........  ;D ;)

If you're talking about "those handy tube things in the side of the fuselage" just above the rear of the wings ... they'd be the exhausts for the Armstrong Siddeley Python turboprop engine.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 09, 2018, 08:22:53 AM

If you're talking about "those handy tube things in the side of the fuselage" just above the rear of the wings ... they'd be the exhausts for the Armstrong Siddeley Python turboprop engine.

No? Really? Wow, I didn't know that.......................................  ;) ;D :o

[Where's the sarcasm emoticon when you need it?]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

"Shakes head in wonderment, and departs the area in a mood of gloom"  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 09, 2018, 08:58:07 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 09, 2018, 08:22:53 AM

No? Really? Wow, I didn't know that.......................................  ;) ;D :o

[Where's the sarcasm emoticon when you need it?]

Well, I thought you should know but, well, age does unspeakable things to the memory. ;) :P
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on April 09, 2018, 02:29:30 AM

No way they'll fit in them.  Did i say they were rather large?

Canopy frames painted, top sides of flaps painted, inside of UC doors painted and she's up on all threes today.
Does my nose look big in this?
Wyvern F.1A WIP 10-4-18 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred