Westland Wyvern F1A

Started by zenrat, February 24, 2018, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on February 24, 2018, 07:57:47 PM
Quote from: Doug K on February 24, 2018, 07:04:45 AM
Dagnabbit, I have a Wyvern with this GB's name on it. Hmm, maybe a Gannet instead?

Sorry Doug but I've never understood this thinking. The more the merrier IMO.  It's not like there is only one way to build them.

Indeed. This isn't a Society Ball: we don't have to scratch each other's eyes out for showing up in the same dress...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Quote from: Weaver on February 24, 2018, 09:49:40 PM
Dagnabbit, I have a Wyvern with this GB's name on it. Hmm, maybe a Gannet instead?

Sorry Doug but I've never understood this thinking. The more the merrier IMO.  It's not like there is only one way to build them.

Indeed. This isn't a Society Ball: we don't have to scratch each other's eyes out for showing up in the same dress...

Dress?  Dress?  I've always done my modelling au naturale'!   I didn't know I had to wear a party frock as well!   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Quote from: rickshaw on February 24, 2018, 10:29:03 PM
Dress?  Dress?  I've always done my modelling au naturale'!

That mental image is right up there with a Radish photo, Brian! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I always model in best bib and tucker - a freshly pressed blue singlet, starched Western Bulldogs footie shorts and my dress thongs.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Doug K

Quote from: Weaver on February 24, 2018, 09:49:40 PM

Gonna do both, well maybe not the dress, that's a whole different forum 😳

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 25, 2018, 12:59:46 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on February 24, 2018, 10:29:03 PM
Dress?  Dress?  I've always done my modelling au naturale'!

That mental image is right up there with a Radish photo, Brian! :o

And that is a problem...how? 

Radish always looks fetching in his getups, I believe.  Just as I hope I do.  Got to be careful about the possibility of spilling glue or paint, I find.   ;)   :thumbsup:

Weaver

And here's me w'just mi Sunday-best flat cap....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Looking forward to this one !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on February 25, 2018, 01:34:22 AM
I always model in best bib and tucker - a freshly pressed blue singlet, starched Western Bulldogs footie shorts and my dress thongs.

Fortunately, the gentleman is referring to footwear, not insubstantial underwear!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Knightflyer

Quote from: Rheged on February 26, 2018, 12:23:04 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 25, 2018, 01:34:22 AM

Fortunately, the gentleman is referring to footwear, not insubstantial underwear!!

I wondered if anybody would re-raise that particular linguistic discrepancy between the fellow 'English' speaking nations.  ;D

The thought/vision of 'dress-thongs' going on the Uk-English meaning is mind-boggling!  :o :o :o
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

nighthunter

As a Yank, I've heard the footwear refered to as both "thongs" by my mother, and "flip-flops" by my generation. Conversely, (pun intended) I've heard the Converse canvas shoes refered to as "Chucks" (in honor of their designer Chuck Taylor) and "sand-shoes" (Dr. Who's Day of the Doctor ) In a PM could someone tell me why "sand-shoes"? So as not to derail this thread any further.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

I always called them Plimsols.
Mrs z refers to them as Volleys.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

rickshaw

All is explained here.

I have always known them as "Brothel Creepers".  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on February 27, 2018, 03:52:34 AM
All is explained here.

I have always known them as "Brothel Creepers".  ;)

Plimsoles were what we wore when trainers were only worn by athletes and brothel creepers were what Teddy Boys wore. At least to my generation. Flip-flops are worn on holiday as long as you are near the beach.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I live 900m from the beach.  Is that near enough?

To me Brothel Creepers are white or pale grey leather slip on shoes.

Two pages already and the GB hasn't even started yet!
Fred