Westland Wyvern F1A

Started by zenrat, February 24, 2018, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2018, 02:37:41 AM
I live 900m from the beach.  Is that near enough?

To me Brothel Creepers are white or pale grey leather slip on shoes.

Yup that's near enough  ;D

The one requisite for brothel creepers is very thick, crepe soles. Kit probably remembers  :rolleyes: I was a tad to young and by my latter teen years it was loafers for best (with blakies) and Doc Martin's for general wear.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 28, 2018, 06:20:04 AM

The one requisite for brothel creepers is very thick, crepe soles. Kit probably remembers  :rolleyes: I was a tad to young and by my latter teen years it was loafers for best (with blakies) and Doc Martin's for general wear.

Hehehe, dead right, but I was 6'4" if I wore them!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Brothel Creepers:

This is approximately what you get when you cut the base off a model soldier and don't sand the soles of his shoes down afterwards....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Fond memories, mine were black and white ones.

It felt as if you were walking on sponge rubber the whole time, which I suppose you were actually.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

And...

...some modelling.

Before I built the Magpie Wyvern I bought a set of Quickboost resin exhausts for it.  I decided to fit them right at the end of the build.
At which point I discovered that I should have cut out the back of the mounting point on the fuselage so as to get the full depth that is lacking in the kit parts (which I then didn't use).
So this time I fitted the exhausts right at the beginning.
Wyvern F.1A WIP 01-03-18 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Wyvern F.1A WIP 01-03-18 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
And I glued together a load of other parts.  Including two white things.  Gosh, what could they be?
Wyvern F.1A WIP 01-03-18 03 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

I know exactly what they are: you're a very naughty man.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 28, 2018, 10:13:05 PM
Fond memories, mine were black and white ones.

My brother was a full blown Teddy Boy and had a pair like that  ;D Probably still has, after all I've kept a couple of the fashionable stuff I was wearing in 68/70 as mementos of good times  :thumbsup: Difference is my brother would still wear them, if his wife would let him  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Mine didn't last very long, they were totally incompatible with riding a bike with toe clips and straps.  ;D ;D ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I have memories of someone, it may have been the husband of s friend of my Mother, telling me about how he wore a pair to work and while using a lathe with a leaky pump the crepe soles melted due to standing in the resulting pool of oil.

Anyhoo, enough fashion talk.

I glued the ends of the wings on today.  The Wyvern F.1A, being an RAF version, did not have folding wings and had the tips clipped.
Wyvern F.1A WIP 02-03-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 02, 2018, 01:12:32 AM
I have memories of someone, it may have been the husband of s friend of my Mother, telling me about how he wore a pair to work and while using a lathe with a leaky pump the crepe soles melted due to standing in the resulting pool of oil.

I was at the hot strip mill in Corby Works once when a head office type who was in a party being shown around stopped on the little bridge that went over the mill to watch the strip come down for a very short time and the soles of his shoes melted and stuck him solid to the open grid flooring of the bridge  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 02, 2018, 06:41:12 AM

I was at the hot strip mill in Corby Works once when a head office type who was in a party being shown around stopped on the little bridge that went over the mill to watch the strip come down for a very short time and the soles of his shoes melted and stuck him solid to the open grid flooring of the bridge  ;D

Hehehe, love it!  ;D ;D

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Looking good. Makes me want to go build one
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Here's the major components mocked up.
Wyvern F.1A WIP 03-03-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

NARSES2

Made me dig out my Czechmaster Eagle engined version out. 1946 BPF ?

zenrat

Belarusian Popular Front or Badminton Players Federation?

Fred