English Electric Canberra F10

Started by PR19_Kit, March 01, 2018, 09:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I was going to suggest a  blue of some shade, I think  it would suit an  all over  single  colour scheme too. I have been watching this  build  and I am  impressed with it I really am  Kit, makes me want to do another  interceptor  variant.  :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

A late one in one of the Air Defence grey schemes worn by the Lightnings could be appropriate.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

buzzbomb

So worth the effort. The concept is great and the build terrific :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Get your shares in Tamiya now.  ;D

The F10's underside has been masked up for the MSG upper colour in the morning. MILES of Tamiya tape and not a little amount of fiddling getting it all in place too.  :-\

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I've just applied the initial coat of MSG, using the Gunze/Mr. Hobby acrylic paint, and it went on superbly. I'm starting to be an acrylic convert, well for Tamiya and Gunze/Mr. Hobby stuff especially.

Having already primed the whole airframe with Halfords Grey Primer, I found to my amazement that I couldn't tell where I'd applied the MSG and where it was just primed! It looks like Halfords Grey Primer is an exact match for Medium Sea Grey, which is something I'll use on my next RAF build of the period I reckon.

Thinking back I did just that rather unwittingly on my Lightning PR9 (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=39450.30) where I wrote that the 15 aircraft had all been repainted in a 'lighter grey' than the normal Dark Sea Grey of the UK based Lightnings at the time, and I even called it 'Halfords Grey' in the backstory!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

It used to be and that's what I used for MSG until about a decade back.  These days, some batches seem to be darker, some lighter.  I view it as more of a halfway house between MSG and Ocean Grey and useless for either!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Thanks to Big H and the Post Office I got the two RAF Slate Grey paints today, and I've already done the camouflage scheme with the Light Slate Grey. This is very similar to the Bomber Command scheme of the early 50s, and it's deliberate as the backstory (already written.....) has 34 Sqdn., the first F10 unit, co-located at Binbrook along with 2-3 Bomber Command Canberra squadrons.

All the small detail stuff on the airframe's painted, engine intakes, exhausts, bomb bays etc. and I've also painted all six missiles that will be visible. AND I've done the wheels too!  :o

This acrylic paint is astonishing me, in the old days it would have taken me two days to paint the wheels because it would have needed two overnights. Today I did all four of them in 30 mins! Amazing.

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

Wot 'e said ----  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Mind you, I think it would look even better if you had used a Javelin radome   ;) ;) ;)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

buzzbomb

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 23, 2020, 04:23:20 PM

Mind you, I think it would look even better if you had used a Javelin radome   ;) ;) ;)

The AI.18 radar nose came with Colin's P.12 conversion, an it's longer than the Jav's radome I think. In the RW the AI.18 (same as fitted to the Sea Vixen) worked better than the Jav's too, if I've read things correctly.

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 24, 2020, 04:38:05 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on May 23, 2020, 04:23:20 PM

The AI.18 radar nose came with Colin's P.12 conversion, an it's longer than the Jav's radome I think. In the RW the AI.18 (same as fitted to the Sea Vixen) worked better than the Jav's too, if I've read things correctly.

I was thinking more of the nose cone shape than what was in it Kit, but now I wonder why the Sea Vixen's nose cone was bigger than that conversion nose cone you have got on it if it's the same unit. Still, I can't wait to see the finished result ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

Coming along there nicely, Kit.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Do I sense you're becoming a convert to acrylics Kit ?  :angel:

I still prefer enamels for metal work, especially the old Humbrol Metalcote range, but seldom get them out  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.