Tintin - Polikarpov I-1

Started by strobez, March 20, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b29r

Greg,
Really liked how this turned out, and the paint scheme looks great!
Best regards,
Kem

stevehed

strobez

Thanks guys! Appreciate the vote of confidence.  It was a fun build.
Thanks!

Greg

Old Wombat

Somehow I missed that this was finished. :o

Nice job! Simple & clean. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

strobez

I decided this one also needed my (now) standard project base... so a bit of cotten, some hairspray ans a touch of pain... voilá, instant stormclouds.

I'm not quite sure I'm sold on the lightning, but it's growing on me.  The stand needs a bit of work, but that's just a bit of fussing and fidgeting.

Thanks!

Greg

strobez

I didn't really like how the wire lightning was turning out, and then I remembered I have a million LEDs lying around...

Thanks!

Greg

comrade harps

Neat!

And I love those black Red markings  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

zenrat

Do the LEDs flicker randomly?
And if they do, is it intentional or did you use zenrat's guide to doing your own wiring?  :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

The addition of those LED's is just so ingenious  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 08, 2018, 04:27:24 AM

And if they do, is it intentional or did you use zenrat's guide to doing your own wiring?  :o

What and where is 'zenrat's guide to doing your own wiring' please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

strobez

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 08, 2018, 09:47:37 AM

I haven't seen it, but I'm pretty sure it starts with "well, first give your fingers a good lick..."  ;D

Unfortunately the light doesn't flicker. It could be done, but it was more work than I was willing to put into it.
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

Awesome!!!  That is too cool, I love it.....     
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: strobez on May 08, 2018, 03:04:14 PM

I haven't seen it, but I'm pretty sure it starts with "well, first give your fingers a good lick..."  ;D

Unfortunately the light doesn't flicker. It could be done, but it was more work than I was willing to put into it.

Unfortunately zenrat's guide to doing your own wiring is out of print.  It is not likely to be reprinted as it been banned by the Health and Safety Executive, the Institution of Electrical Engineers and Standards Australia.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 09, 2018, 03:16:45 AM
Quote from: strobez on May 08, 2018, 03:04:14 PM

Unfortunately zenrat's guide to doing your own wiring is out of print.  It is not likely to be reprinted as it been banned by the Health and Safety Executive, the Institution of Electrical Engineers and Standards Australia.

Get it translated then. There are numerous countries around the world, going by some hotels I've stayed in, where it would be perfectly acceptable  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

VickersVandal

That is off the hook!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Such a simple but effective base too.
Biggles modelling loony.

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae