Oddball tank designs at Bovington

Started by Rheged, March 22, 2018, 02:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-43468105

Is there a secret cell of Whiffers at the Tank Museum??

Later, I think that the item below is what it's all about

http://www.tankmuseum.org/whats-on/exhibitions/bovexb64638
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Ah, could be worth a trip down there  :thumbsup:

I like the Tank Museum, need to persuade one of my mates though as it can be a bit of a pain by public transport. Still "lads day out"  :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Erm, that would be Bovington, my old stomping ground (found my future wife there too)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on March 22, 2018, 05:49:45 PM
Erm, that would be Bovington, my old stomping ground (found my future wife there too)

Nice part of the world mate, just a little difficult by train.

Still it's Tiger Day IX on the 28th April and Tiger 131 will be in action to "celebrate" the 75th anniversary of her capture. Need to chat with the lads  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Quote from: Thorvic on March 23, 2018, 07:35:56 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/London+Borough+of+Croydon/Wool/@51.0907727,-1.6917169,9z/am=t/data=!4m19!4m18!1m5!1m1!1s0x487600a574c2f65b:0x40eae2da2ec6810!2m2!1d-0.070062!2d51.3679705!1m5!1m1!1s0x487255350d8e4bb7:0x80e019ce3ce42a8!2m2!1d-2.225127!2d50.6784324!2m3!6e1!7e2!8j1524913200!3e3!5i1

There you go  ;D

Funny! When I did my first visit to the tank museum, in 1969, I was staying in Croydon (south) to study english. But I did the trip with my trusty Fiat 500 station wagon ;D and slept in it on the museum premises. No barriers then. I should still have a photo of my car parked among the tanks exposed in exterior.  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on March 23, 2018, 12:57:09 PM

Funny! When I did my first visit to the tank museum, in 1969, I was staying in Croydon (south) to study english.

Small world  :thumbsup: We may well have been drinking in the same bars/pubs ? A couple of the ones we drank in were frequented by Croydon's then quite large ex-pat communities.

kitnut617

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 24, 2018, 03:37:51 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on March 23, 2018, 12:57:09 PM

Funny! When I did my first visit to the tank museum, in 1969, I was staying in Croydon (south) to study english.

Small world  :thumbsup: We may well have been drinking in the same bars/pubs ? A couple of the ones we drank in were frequented by Croydon's then quite large ex-pat communities.

I was a nice boy! I didn't spend time drinking in pubs. <_< All my free time was used looking for model shops and visiting all the Popular Book Centres of London to get a complete collection of Astounding.  ;D Still hae them.
Anybody wants a (near) complete set of old science fiction magazines?  :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Weaver

How many roadwheels does she have?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitnut617

Quote from: Weaver on March 24, 2018, 04:18:47 PM

How many roadwheels does she have?

Well she was into motorcycles --- so two   ;D

Her Dad was in the REME and was stationed there between overseas postings, she didn't go with the family the last time they moved  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on March 24, 2018, 08:44:46 AM

All my free time was used looking for model shops

Ah Modeltime in St George's Walk was the main one back then, but there were a couple of others and BMW's was in Wimbledon  :thumbsup:

Now ? None at all  :-\