1/35 T-62 mod

Started by Vorcha, March 22, 2018, 10:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

My parents had one until it broke.  They then had to have a modern new fangled socket installed as the old one had been hard wired into the house.

Show one to anyone under 20 and they will try to dial by pushing the numbers.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2018, 06:15:47 PM
My parents had one until it broke.  They then had to have a modern new fangled socket installed as the old one had been hard wired into the house.

Ah, but in the U.K. at least they are now "retro chic" and some of them can cost a small fortune in an antique shop. Better deals at an antiques fair, but can still be silly.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Bizarrely BT exchanges are still manufactured to be capable of accepting the pulse signals from dial-phones even today.  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vorcha

Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2018, 03:01:08 AM
Good stuff!

I like your inner turret idea.  Although I suspect it will be very fragile.  Still, its not a toy is it.
:thumbsup:

hehe  :thumbsup: no, not at all... ;)

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 20, 2018, 06:42:22 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 19, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
VERY clever, both the rotation of the cupola and the posting of the video.  :thumbsup:

Yup  :thumbsup: I'm old enough to remember that's how you dialed a telephone number  :angel:

me too, my grandmother had one years ago, she might still have it. dialing that was something otherworldly for me as a child  <_<

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 21, 2018, 02:52:06 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2018, 06:15:47 PM

Ah, but in the U.K. at least they are now "retro chic" and some of them can cost a small fortune in an antique shop. Better deals at an antiques fair, but can still be silly.

that's kinda awesome... I'd buy one  :o :rolleyes:

...so here's some little progress on the tank again. I added the empty shell ejection port...

it looks a little bit messy, I used universal glue and it came out too much, but it works  ;D

I also added the floor of the tank...

I used my favourite materials, cardboard from Toffifee (Toffifay) chocolate (I have PLENTY of these...  :angel:) and greaseproof paper.  <_<
paper boy

Vorcha

Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2018, 03:01:08 AM
Good stuff!

I like your inner turret idea.  Although I suspect it will be very fragile.  Still, its not a toy is it.
:thumbsup:

Zenrat, you were right. That paper was too weak and broke off after some time... I replaced it with good old plastic...

Here's some small progress on the hull, I scratch-built a complete new lower hull underside (of thin cardboard) with 6 instead of 5 roadwheels on each side. As I plan to make the interior accessible I also made the torsion bars (of rolled greaseproof paper), although they won't have a real function - the (rubber band) suspension will be on the outside...

paper boy

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 20, 2018, 06:42:22 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 19, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
VERY clever, both the rotation of the cupola and the posting of the video.  :thumbsup:

Yup  :thumbsup: I'm old enough to remember that's how you dialed a telephone number  :angel:

....and put in your four pennies; pressed  Button A to be heard or Button B to get your money back if no-one answered.

http://www.1900s.org.uk/1940s50s-public-phones.htm
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Vorcha

Hi everyone,
so I've made some small progress since I last posted here, I only wish a day had more hours...

:-\

...anyway, I finally put together the torsion-bar-assembly and installed the torsion bars into the hull

...of course nothing is finished yet, though I really fight the urge to just glue them shut and continue with the wheels. I bought a set of aftermarket M-60 aluminium pattern wheels, the detail on them is awesome and crisp

Now I have to attach them to the torsion bars... that will be the real challenge of this project...

...the torsion bar itself is made of 1.5mm plastic rod, the arm is made of 5 layers of cardboard and the pin for the wheel is fine rolled greaseproof paper. So the next step will be to find a way to attach the M-60 wheels... in a way that they roll perfectly when turned. At least that's what I want to achieve.
paper boy

ysi_maniac

Will the final result fire the gun? :o :o :o :o
Top notch modelling. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Vorcha

Quote from: ysi_maniac on September 14, 2018, 06:10:51 PM
Will the final result fire the gun? :o :o :o :o
Top notch modelling. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You know, that could be done by using little flour cartridges at the back of the ammo pieces, you would hit them with something fast, as if hitting a primer, like a little piece of wood between rubber bands - that would throw around the flour in the ammo case, immediately after which you would create a little electric charge, maybe with a charger from an electric lighter. The resulting little explosion of the flour would be enough to catapuld the shot out of the muzzle "symbolically"...  ;)  :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Thank you.

Addition: As a matter of fact, you could do that firing gun much easier... inside the hollow ammo case you could put a much smaller black powder charge or something comparable, using the high-low system...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High%E2%80%93low_system
...that way you would still have a safe model and a much more impressive and easy to use firing gun effect.  ;) <_<
paper boy

NARSES2

Modelling of the higest standard  :bow:

As for the "will I have more time to model" question you can also substitute "will I have more time to model when I retire ?". It's the same answer  ;)

No seriously, perhaps I don't have extra time, but I do have the inclination and energy  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vorcha

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2018, 02:31:24 AM
Modelling of the higest standard  :bow:

As for the "will I have more time to model" question you can also substitute "will I have more time to model when I retire ?". It's the same answer  ;)

No seriously, perhaps I don't have extra time, but I do have the inclination and energy  :thumbsup:

hehehe *sad smile*
that's a long time ahead for me (hopefully), as I am only 32 yo.
thank you.
paper boy

NARSES2

Quote from: Vorcha on September 15, 2018, 08:47:43 AM

that's a long time ahead for me (hopefully), as I am only 32 yo.

A mere youngster  ;D Seriously though the sooner you start thinking about it the better it will be when you get there  :thumbsup: Don't let it take you by surprise.