Aeronavale Skywarrior

Started by The Rat, March 29, 2018, 08:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

I vote white on the radome.  Looks great! 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Rat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 01, 2018, 06:08:43 PM
I vote white on the radome.  Looks great!

Too late! Already finished, went with radome tan. I'll take some pictures tomorrow, and some sort of story.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Rat

It's finished! Done like dinner. Stick a fork in it. Hoist a glass and relax.

Pictures? Probably tomorrow, and some sort of back story. The story may actually tie in to the Cold War GB projects I have on the go, but this particular model was started long before that began. And it wasn't easy...

The model came to me courtesy of Leigh Eaton, and was an old Revell kit repopped by Advent, and I can see why Revell wanted someone else's name on it! It probably seemed like a good idea at the time, but what eventually emerged from the molds was more toy than model. Folding wings that looked nothing like the real thing, folding tail ditto, a crew that couldn't see out of the canopy, and lots of gaps. Decals? Didn't use them so I can't speak for the quality. I did retain one aspect of the working bits: all 3 wheels roll! Sort of like having a props that spin, because they should. Sharp eyes will notice that the speed brakes are non-existent. My original plan was to do a Russian equivalent, with turboprops and a glass nose, and I glued the brakes in place and puttied over the seams. Wasn't about to go to the trouble of releasing them.

Thanks Leigh, wherever you are, I hope you return one day and see it.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr