Noorduyn Lie-sander

Started by Soup Dragoon, March 31, 2018, 06:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup Dragoon

A shelf-queen that I've just recently surrendered to. The Matchbox Norseman kit, painted thrice, decaled twice, and I'm throwing in the towel.
It's not a bad kit, but my copy was hexed; I managed to make every mistake possible from wrong paint colors to goofing the code letters, and I'm moving on.
Life is too short for models with bad luck infused in their very sprues.......but I like the result in any case.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Rat

Looks fine to me! The Noorduyn Norseman is a true legend, and there a lot of them still serving. Every year there is a Norseman Festival in Red Lake, Ontario: http://www.norsemanfestival.on.ca/
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Very ingenious, I like it.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

That looks very sexy, the RAF colors suit the Norseman very well.
I like it very much, but I just expected huge spats...  ;)

Scooterman

Weaver

I like that - looks very good indeed!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nick

Looks very good from here! I can just see it on clandestine night runs into France...

Martin H

Quote from: Nick on March 31, 2018, 12:18:36 PM
Looks very good from here! I can just see it on clandestine night runs into France...
Very true.
Certainly a more practical load carrier than the Lizzy. would have been a handy asset for SOE.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

That really does look right. Well done sir  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Just realised I very rudely failed to comment on the build in my earlier post.

Yes very smart indeed, the colours suit it well.  I can also see it in Desert and SEAC schemes, the latter as an (albeit larger) alternative to the Fairchild Argus as well as, ahem, the later Beaver.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Rat

Quote from: Martin H on March 31, 2018, 05:02:21 PM
Quote from: Nick on March 31, 2018, 12:18:36 PM
Very true.
Certainly a more practical load carrier than the Lizzy. would have been a handy asset for SOE.

Might have had a greater load, but I think the advantage of the Lysander was better STOL characteristics. Getting in and out of a small field at night means you don't want entanglements with fences, hedges, pig stys, copulating farmhands on a moonlight tryst, etc.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Great stuff. Looks right at home like that eh ?! I like your version as well Kitbasher. Cheers guys !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Maybe a float version for getting in and out of small duck ponds at night?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..