It's a Lightning, Jim, but not as we know it!

Started by CammNut, March 31, 2018, 03:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

CammNut

Thanks for the kind comments folks! I enjoyed this one.

If anyone is interested in the "real" thing, Fantastic Plastic is releasing a resin kit of the Vickers Type 559:

http://fantastic-plastic.com/vickers_armstrong_559.html

Far from cheap, but I will have to have one...1950s' British madness is impossible to resist.

The real thing would have been very big. Dizzyfugu, the only 3-view I have suggests it had tandem main wheels retracting into the lower fuselage. I thought about it for this model, but decided it would be overkill.

Firefox, the silver is Tamiya spray-can gloss aluminum (TS17), over a Tamiya spray-can gloss black (TS14) undercoat - I nearly stopped there, it looked so good in all-over black....

Captain Canada

Wow. One of the coolest things on here so far this year ! Love it. I want to save that idea, as I can see myself flying it around the house.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

stevehed

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.

tc2324

I go missing for a few days and this is what I come back to. Blooming brilliant and worthy of wearing the Stripes.  :thumbsup:

I do hope someone has nominated this for a whiffy?
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Ed S

Probably the best Lightning conversion I've seen.
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

TheChronicOne

Fantastic build!!  This is so cool.... it looks "mean" like it "means business."  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Madoc

Wherever you go, there you are!

TheChronicOne

Oh yeah, nice Trek reference, by the way!  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....