Main Menu

Nausicaa - Ohm

Started by strobez, April 03, 2018, 10:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: strobez on April 09, 2018, 05:41:33 PM
So, after soldering 14x3 (red/blue/ground) wires together with 14 x 2 resisters (of appropriate Ohms... ba dum bum), the good news is that I now have 14 red and blue eyeballs.  The bad news is that the proximity switch now turns the red on without turning off the blue.   :banghead:

Hopefully this is just a case of the resistor values screwing with the op amp's voltage comparison.  I think i had it set so when blue's voltage was higher than the set value they were on, but lower turned them off, at the same time the comparison turned red on.  By lowering the voltage on the blues, they no longer meet the threshhold to turn off... or maybe vice versa...

If that sounds like I'm trying to explain it to myself, that's because I am...

You lost me at "Hopefully"...

:-\
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

I was waiting for the first 'resistance' joke.... :thumbsup:

Somebody will have to model one of these things with a beret, a Gauloise and a Sten Gun.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

I swear these things look like Khan's "pets", just with more eyes

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

strobez

Here's the joke I've been saving...

A guy walks into an electronics supply store in Seoul and asks to buy some resistors.  The clerk says "how many Ohms do you need?"

The guy replies "Oh, I dunno... just enough for two, but one of them is dead..."  ;)

ba dum bum!
Thanks!

Greg

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

strobez

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2018, 12:33:29 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ;D ;D

More like  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I wasn't happy with how my sensor was working.  Basically the setting had to be so tight you basically had to rub the Ohm's nose... in just the right spot... for it to work.  So after a little research I discovered there was a low cost $5 option for using a digital circuit board (which I'd avoided because I thought it was going to run me $40-50) instead.

Of course, that meant learning a whole bunch of stuff (including new-to-me computer coding) before I could get an LED light to even blink.  I figured the Ohm project would need a warm up first, so I switched gears and started working on a project to build a base with a launch clock for my Tintin rocket i stead.

Of course, that turned out to be way more complicated than I thought, but in the process I discovered the what I wanted to do with the Ohm project wasn't as hard as I thought.

So... nevermind... ;)
Thanks!

Greg

strobez

Finally got it to do more or less what I wanted it to do.... just a few more things to try...

https://youtu.be/23MxEo0kVbU

Thanks!

Greg

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vorcha

omg this is awesome! loved the movie and I love this  :wub:
paper boy

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

strobez

Ok.  So now that the Bordurian tank and the Soviet Monoplane from my Tintin build are finished, I can get back to this one.

Finally got a base coat down.  Decided green would be a good place to start but I also decided to do some undershading on the... uhm... panel lines. ;)

I'm not sure how happy I am with the seams.  Usually you just have to keep sanding until everything is smooth, but this is quite different. It looks okay I guess, but I'm not quite happy.  However, I'm not sure if that's because I'm picky, or if I'm just trying to procrastinate in order to avoid getting started on the legs...

There is... a LOT... of legs...

The legs are also a bit of a challenge because for some reason they're molded in a very vinyl-like plastic.  It's quite soft and flexible, but difficult to sand the mold lines off.  Maybe a razor blade will work better.
Thanks!

Greg

Old Wombat

Possibly so that they flex, rather than snap or break the glue joins when picked up & put down? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

strobez

Oh, that makes sense. It is a "snap together" kit after all, so it's got some toy-like qualities to it.  The clear eyes also come with centre pegs, which annoys me not end, and I had to surgically remove a ton of the interior super-structure - basically the interior skeleton that all the shell parts snap onto.
Thanks!

Greg

strobez

After giving what felt like a thousand manicures...  we have legs!

I've been trying to mix various greens to get a bit of depth, but I haven't quite succeeded yet I don't think.  I'm not used to painting things organically, so this is a bit of a learning curve.
Thanks!

Greg

Old Wombat

A few "realistic" artists' impressions of the Ankylosaurus (as I think this is as close as you'll get in real life);

To me it looks like a couple of shades through the airbrush, then on to the hairy sticks for dry-brushing & details is the go.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est