Knives and Sharps Boxes

Started by Weaver, April 07, 2018, 03:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

I misused one of my grandfather's wood chisels at the age of 7 or so, and once his blood pressure was no longer measured on the Richter scale he showed me how to use correctly and  sharpen all of his tools. He was a master " joiner, carpenter and cabinet maker".  I have all of his woodworking kit now, and I hope he'd be satisfied with the edge I keep on all of them. Madame R is also very fussy about keeping kitchen knives and her dressmaking scissors really sharp. 

That said, life's too short to resharpen a disposable scalpel blade. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Ed S

Quote from: Rheged on April 10, 2018, 08:43:41 AM
I misused one of my grandfather's wood chisels at the age of 7 or so, and once his blood pressure was no longer measured on the Richter scale he showed me how to use correctly and  sharpen all of his tools. He was a master " joiner, carpenter and cabinet maker".  I have all of his woodworking kit now, and I hope he'd be satisfied with the edge I keep on all of them. Madame R is also very fussy about keeping kitchen knives and her dressmaking scissors really sharp. 

That said, life's too short to resharpen a disposable scalpel blade.

I agree. Why waste the time sharpening disposable blades. Figuring how little a box of new ones costs. I rather be modeling than sharpening. Now, my woodworking tools, woodcarving knives, kitchen knives - that's different and they get regular sharpening. But they cost a lot more than hobby blades.
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.