2018/2019 GB Season call for suggestions

Started by NARSES2, April 11, 2018, 01:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on April 20, 2018, 12:08:19 PM
Quote from: tigercat on April 20, 2018, 07:56:44 AM
REMF or the guys in the rear with the gear, or support functions  .

so engineers , REME , logistics  , cooks , ENSA, dispatch riders , station hacks , ordnance corps , tankers , Royal Fleet Auxikary , photographic interpretation , RAF signals, ack emmas, ground crew , intelligence , bomb disposal , AA gunners and flak towers, RAF regiment and the Home Guard .

Well , I have no idea if this will have appeal or not, but I think it's a very interesting proposal. Lots of possible, and even weird, vehicles, personnel etc.  :thumbsup:
Quote from: sandiego89 on April 20, 2018, 02:36:36 PM
One more from me:

"Out of retirement".  Bring back into service an item that has been out of service for some time.  Items should be fully retired, ie not in reserve units, target tugs etc., but fully retired.  Hauled from the boneyard, museums, barn, etc.  Bringing military ships, aircraft or vehicles that were passed into civilian hands, but then recalled for "active duty" acceptable.     

I like both of those.

Chris, can I have about 23 votes in this years poll please?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 20, 2018, 06:02:14 PM

What's it worth ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 21, 2018, 02:25:27 AM

$3.45, a sheet of Trumpeter Wyvern decals with the instrument panel ones cut out and an Australia Post pen.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 21, 2018, 03:56:33 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 21, 2018, 02:25:27 AM

$3.45, a sheet of Trumpeter Wyvern decals with the instrument panel ones cut out and an Australia Post pen.

I've just checked the current exchange rate, sorry.

Now if they'd been Kiwi $'s it might have been different. Haven't got any of those in the box where I keep examples of all the currency from countries I've visited, because I haven't been there  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Damn.

What if I lifted the offer to TWO Australia Post pens?
Fred

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on April 24, 2018, 04:12:15 AM
Damn.

Pens in most post offices are usually empty.  Two FULL post office pens might excite people.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 24, 2018, 04:12:15 AM
Damn.

3, complete with chains ?  ;)

NARSES2

Right that's it gents, the suggestion thread is now closed.

I've taken a note of all of them and I now need to work my way through and understand/edit them.

There are a couple I need to think about and there are a fair few that I can combine with others or expand a tad to make them a bit more likely to appeal to the members whilst still keeping the spirit of the original suggestion.

So give me a week or so and then I'll post a thread with this years categories and any necessary explanatory notes. People can then check that I haven't bastardised their original idea to much and then a few days latter I will organise the Poll it'self.