Bizjets, Executive aircraft and related

Started by jcf, April 17, 2018, 08:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 11, 2021, 06:26:52 AM

I like the fact the passengers are getting out of a Roller  ;D

A Sliver Cloud 1 or II no less. Very 'Of the period'.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

B-57 Combat Transport for movement of SAC crews.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Yeah, I picked up a B-57 a few years back at Huddersfield to do it but couldn't quite work out how to go about the front end.

NARSES2

Would something like the cockpit area of Airfix's Dominie, recently re-released, be of any use as a starting point ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I've got an older kit in the stash, the main problem is the bulged roof of the Dominie.  The other problem is the fairly unique shape to the windscreen.

I might revisit it and see what I can think up.

Mossie

Quote from: Mossie on April 13, 2021, 11:40:07 AM
I've got an older kit in the stash, the main problem is the bulged roof of the Dominie.  The other problem is the fairly unique shape to the windscreen.

I might revisit it and see what I can think up.

I had a look at the Dominie again and it might provide the nose.  There are some other models with a longer nose and I've found an image if the forward section of the mock up that's the same.  I still have to work out the glazing though.
https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/martin-vb-57-vip-transport.13348/

Dizzyfugu

The B-57's front end reminds me a lot of an A-6, but implanting THAT would certainly be a challenge. An F3D Skyknight could also be a suitable donor?

Mossie

I wondered about the Intruder and you're right, trying to match the different shapes  allow for the intakes is probably going to be more difficult than scratch building.  I'll look into the Skyknight, it may be a possibility.

The Dominie with a smash formed canopy might be the best option.

zenrat

I'm interested in the concept of Bizprops/ Executive Props.  Twin engined light or medium bombers (B-26, Ju-88, Blenheim etc) converted post WW2 to carry a small number of executives in relative luxury.  IRL some A-26s were so converted and so I am sure were other candidates.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Knightflyer

Quote from: Mossie on April 11, 2021, 06:49:05 AM

Am I missing the obvious here? Shouldn't there be a wing spar going through the fuselage connecting the two wings???
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Rick Lowe

Naah, enough Gorilla Glue and it'll be fine! ;)

Hobbes

Quote from: Knightflyer on April 14, 2021, 04:37:27 AM
Quote from: Mossie on April 11, 2021, 06:49:05 AM

Am I missing the obvious here? Shouldn't there be a wing spar going through the fuselage connecting the two wings???

Look at the exterior photos. The cabin occupies the front 1/3 of the wing, so the main spar will be behind the bulkhead on the aft end of the cabin.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on April 14, 2021, 04:55:56 AM

Look at the exterior photos. The cabin occupies the front 1/3 of the wing, so the main spar will be behind the bulkhead on the aft end of the cabin.

I'm not sure that it does actually. Checking pics of RAF Canberras the main spar is about level with those twin black stripes around the engines in the main pic, which would take it between the aft-most and centre windows.

Mind you, if Martin could re-engineer Canberras to have GINORMOUS wings like the RB-57D and F, just moving the spar would be a trifling problem.  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit