Whif DIORAMAS You Want To Build

Started by Ify, April 20, 2018, 02:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 23, 2018, 03:06:28 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2018, 03:00:17 AM

They remade Flight of the Phoenix in 2004.
Anyone seen it? Is it another pointless remake?

Yes x 2..................
Thank you kit.  Beautifully concise.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Ify

The use of a hologram would work well here.
Captain: The future is in your hands, Scotty.
Scotty: But Captain, I can't change the laws of physics.

dumaniac

the re-make was alright but I had seen the original several times. It was brilliant, despite the graphics of the time. So the remake was okay - that's all. The high quality actors in the original also contributed - we saw these chaps in later movies.

Bernie

Ify

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Paper Kosmonaut did a very good version of HMS Thunderchild vs the Tripods for the Sciffy GB.
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43997.msg774531.html#msg774531

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Steel Penguin

one base that I can do several stories on,
river bank section with a bailey bridge, on one side, a middle of churned mud with lots of tank tracks, and the far side with a section of Berlin wall on it, with a couple of sections blown down, with the graffiti side up, and an assortment of Nato armour ready to go.  ( Chally 1,  CARRV, Warrior in berlin block)

most people will think its " futile defence of Berlin".  but it will be called "operation Carousel "   and have the op map showing the massively disruptive strike by the Berlin garrison as the broke out heading for Warsaw, Minsk and all points east   ;D
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

Quote from: scooter on April 26, 2018, 03:07:28 AM
There's also this version:

That's a KGV class battleship, the first of which commissioned in 1940, so unless they've radically re-written the script....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on April 26, 2018, 11:11:13 PM
Quote from: scooter on April 26, 2018, 03:07:28 AM
There's also this version:

That's a KGV class battleship, the first of which commissioned in 1940, so unless they've radically re-written the script....

But it'd make for a very interesting dio, if the Martians decided to attack during the early parts of the War

Its also got a Tripod from the Tom Cruise version. 
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on April 27, 2018, 03:28:32 AM
...it'd make for a very interesting dio, if the Martians decided to attack during the early parts of the War..

Isn't one of the Harry Turtledove alt history series based on that premise?

I had an idea for a dio during the week while I was in the shed.  I thought "i'll post that in Ify's thread later" and then promptly forgot it.  It's really been bugging me ever since.  :banghead:
Fred

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2018, 05:54:29 AM
Quote from: scooter on April 27, 2018, 03:28:32 AM
...it'd make for a very interesting dio, if the Martians decided to attack during the early parts of the War..

Isn't one of the Harry Turtledove alt history series based on that premise?

It is, but the aliens in that series are rather lame.  Now, Wellsian Martians as the antagonists in WorldWar, that would make it a much better series.  Until the common cold kills them.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Ify