Mitsubishi Mu-2S - zenrat industries

Started by zenrat, April 25, 2018, 03:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Mitsubishi Mu-2S - zenrat industries

Mitsubishi Mu-2S zenrat industries 12 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Mitsubishi MU-2 is a Japanese high-wing, twin-engine turboprop aircraft with a pressurized cabin manufactured by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. It made its maiden flight in September 1963 and was produced until 1986. It is one of postwar Japan's most successful aircraft, with 704 manufactured in Japan and San Angelo, Texas, in the United States.[1]
It also has a lengthy record of 183 accidents causing almost 200 deaths over the past 36 years.
Although it can carry 11 people, it's not often used for passenger service these days and has a "slight reputation problem," according to Jane's Civil Aircraft, a respected guide to airplanes.
The MU-2 remains popular, however, among two groups: Caribbean drug smugglers and cargo companies speeding overnight shipments of checks between banks.
[2]

Mitsubishi Mu-2S zenrat industries 07 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The shown is the personal aircraft of zenrat industries managing dictator director.

Mitsubishi Mu-2S zenrat industries 06 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model
Hasegawa Mitsubishi Mu-2S with the thimble shaped radome removed from the nose.
"Turning" props cut from clear acetate sheet.  Spinners are the noses of bombs.
Painted with silver car paint from a touch up rattle can, Vallejo acrylics and White Knight Crystal Clear acrylic clear.
Home made decals.

Mitsubishi Mu-2S zenrat industries 03 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Yebat!!!! I love it. That turned out great and the registry is a nice touch.  ;D ;D

Hooray for "civil" birds!  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

rickshaw

I see Zenrat Industries is a True Blue Aussie company, it's director likes Vegemite!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Nice one mate  :thumbsup:

However shouldn't "checks" read "cheques" ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

That's pretty! The propeller discs look very good, too.

Rheged

An attractive little machine, that suits the Zenrat Industries livery.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Ooooh yes, that's VERY pretty.  :thumbsup:

But perhaps a little TOO smart and pretty for his Boss-ship?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AS.12

I've only seen an Mu-2 for real once, at Pal-Waukee airport in Illinois.  The noise of it when taxying was horrific, an unending screech.  I don't know what causes it.

So pretty but so unbearable without ear protection.

JayBee

Many years ago in the mid 1970's when I was a trainee ATCO at Glasgow airport, there was a locally based MU-2. Apart from the fact that it was, from watching it, a very twitchy aircraft in control movements, the sound WAS significant!!!!!
All of us in the tower reckoned that it sounded like 40,000 Japanese sewing machines running together. Painful to the ears.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

Nice model! The colour scheme looks good on it. :thumbsup:

Reading the Wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_MU-2, it seems that the high accident rate was due to inexperienced pilots not being specifically trained for the Mu-2's peculiar combination of characteristics and performance, and that this has now been addressed.

I wonder what causes the excessive noise? The engines are common TPE-331s so it can't be them: maybe some peculiarity of prop harmonics, which might explain why some later versions have four intstead of three-bladed props?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 25, 2018, 07:07:02 AM

Yes.  Wikipedia's fault as it's just a straight cut & paste.  My responsibility for not chequeing the spelling.   ;D

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 25, 2018, 07:41:26 AM
That's pretty! The propeller discs look very good, too.

These are the Mk 2 prop discs.  The Mk1 was on the Westland Wowhawk where I used texter scribbles for the blades.  On this I used a  mix of gloss black and smoke acrylics.  i'm happier with the Mk 2s but they could be better.  The blades need to be more translucent.  Less black and more smoke maybe (smoke on its own is too translucent).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 26, 2018, 02:58:06 AM
Thanks folks.

Yes.  Wikipedia's fault as it's just a straight cut & paste.  My responsibility for not chequeing the spelling.   ;D

The authorities have agreed to take that in mitigation at any subsequent hearing  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

comrade harps

"V-FRED"  ;)

Maybe there's a Vegemite Emergency Distribution chopper waiting to be made?
Whatever.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 26, 2018, 06:02:32 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 26, 2018, 02:58:06 AM
Thanks folks.

The authorities have agreed to take that in mitigation at any subsequent hearing  :angel:

I think you'll find that "I was only quoting Wikipedia" was ruled an inadmissible defense at Nuremberg in 1945.

Weaver
Legal Expert
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Rat

Hirohito's Revenge

Proof that, with enough power, even a brick can fly.

Don't know any ramp rat who enjoys the sounds of that thing taxying in, because if it needs fuel it's an exercise in frustration. Too much in one tip-tank and the other goes so high you can't reach it, so you have to go from one to the other repeatedly.

Apart from my personal feelings, born of experience, nice job!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr