Mitsubishi Mu-2S - zenrat industries

Started by zenrat, April 25, 2018, 03:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: The Rat on April 27, 2018, 01:25:29 AM
Hirohito's Revenge

Proof that, with enough power, even a brick can fly.

Don't know any ramp rat who enjoys the sounds of that thing taxying in, because if it needs fuel it's an exercise in frustration. Too much in one tip-tank and the other goes so high you can't reach it, so you have to go from one to the other repeatedly.

Apart from my personal feelings, born of experience, nice job!

You'd think after awhile they'd rig up an arm or something with padding on it to keep from scuffing the paint and attach it to a truck and just park it by one wing so the arm could hold it down.  :o ;D 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Maybe the next one will get folding wings - folding down for easy fuelling...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Quote from: comrade harps on April 26, 2018, 05:30:01 PM
"V-FRED"  ;)

Maybe there's a Vegemite Emergency Distribution chopper waiting to be made?

A vegebomber?
Maybe a cargo plane modelled in flight with crewmen rolling drums of the stuff out the ramp?

Quote from: Weaver on April 26, 2018, 11:07:15 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 26, 2018, 06:02:32 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 26, 2018, 02:58:06 AM
Thanks folks.

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 25, 2018, 07:07:02 AM
Nice one mate  :thumbsup:

However shouldn't "checks" read "cheques" ?  ;)

Yes.  Wikipedia's fault as it's just a straight cut & paste.  My responsibility for not chequeing the spelling.   ;D

The authorities have agreed to take that in mitigation at any subsequent hearing  :angel:

I think you'll find that "I was only quoting Wikipedia" was ruled an inadmissible defense at Nuremberg in 1945.

Weaver
Legal Expert

The Peoples Republic of Victoria does not recognise the authority of the Nuremburg Tribunals.  They feel they were too lenient...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Having tasted Vegemite once, surely a weaponised version is banned under some convention or another ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I'm now wondering if they make a jar small enough to use with a 1/72 model?

Fred

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 27, 2018, 01:03:59 PM
Crikey! Vegemite is awesome.  ;D

Sorry, but I did have an Aussie girl friend when Croydon, especially the Blacksmiths, was the Earls Court overspill and I she loved it  :o Lets just say it came between us on the odd occasion  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 27, 2018, 01:03:59 PM
Crikey! Vegemite is awesome.  ;D

I had it once - it was actually on the menu in a small delicatessen in south Maine, of all places.  Whilst it was 'good' (better than 'OK', not as good as 'fantastic'), I found myself wishing it were Marmite.  No insult intended - I know they're chemically similar, from the same basic origins, and all that.  I just has me preferences, as my dad says.  :) 

A barrel - Imperial, of course -  of Vegemite/Marmite ... now, that's an idea!  The Mother of all 'mites ...

And my mind has just jumped to a very weird place - a place with a quick-response rescue vehicle loaded with brandy & other essential spirits, champers & fine vintages, chocolates, cheeses, all the 'mites (I understand there are at least 4 varieties), and other durable edibles (nothing that could spoil, like shrimp/salmon/seafood, or fruit).  It'd have to have an amazing suspension - the booze is heavy stuff, and doesn't want shaking about - so a large van-like vehicle with Rolls Royce-like suspension - Ooh!  a conversion of a Roller into a delivery van!  Custom-coachwork, of course - need a premium company for that. 

Hmmm - can one buy a model of a vintage Rolls Royce?

Sadly, this is not a model I am capable of making.  For whatever reason I cannot do civilian vehicles, I always muck them up and have to morph them into military ones.  Still - anyone can take this idea and give it a run.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Weaver

I'm the same: love Marmite (though I rarely have it nowadays: too much salt) but when I've tried Vegemite I've found it has a more explicitly yeasty/pastey flavour that I'm not keen on. All a matter of what you're used to, I suppose.

You could do a classic warbird sponsored by Marmite, but it would have to be something that people either love or hate*  ;D  F-4 Phantom? A-10 Warthog? F-104 Starfighter?

*For non-Brits/Aussies: Marmite's advertising has long embraced the idea that people either love it or hate it with very few being neutral about it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Scotaidh on April 28, 2018, 04:46:55 AM

And my mind has just jumped to a very weird place - a place with a quick-response rescue vehicle loaded with brandy & other essential spirits, champers & fine vintages, chocolates, cheeses, all the 'mites (I understand there are at least 4 varieties), and other durable edibles (nothing that could spoil, like shrimp/salmon/seafood, or fruit).  It'd have to have an amazing suspension - the booze is heavy stuff, and doesn't want shaking about - so a large van-like vehicle with Rolls Royce-like suspension - Ooh!  a conversion of a Roller into a delivery van!  Custom-coachwork, of course - need a premium company for that. 

Hmmm - can one buy a model of a vintage Rolls Royce?

You forgot the Jaffa Cakes.....  ;D

This may work better than the Roller van, it's featured in this month's Classic and Sports Car magazine, and it's owned by Lord Bamford, him of JCB fame.

I don't know about 'vintage', but I have a 1/24 kit of a 1960s RR Silver Cloud. One day I'm going to put a GMC 6-71 blower through the hood and big mags on the back with a Ford beam front axle too.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 27, 2018, 06:13:32 AM
Having tasted Vegemite once, surely a weaponised version is banned under some convention or another ?

One can only hope... does it show that I prefer Marmite myself?

I'm surprised that RR haven't taken Lord Bamford to task yet... "Now look here, Old Boy - it's just not the done thing, you know."

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 28, 2018, 02:35:32 PM

I'm surprised that RR haven't taken Lord Bamford to task yet... "Now look here, Old Boy - it's just not the done thing, you know."

Rolls Royce now isn't the same Rolls Royce company as it was when the Shadow was built though.

The 'Pick Up', which is what it says on the tailgate  ;D, was originally converted by someone in Arkansas is the USA, and then imported back here some years later when Lord Bamford saw it and liked the idea, then had it properly fettled by Clark & Carter in true UK 'bespoke body' fashion.

More info and pics here :-

https://drive-my.com/en/test-drive/item/2855-rolls-royce-silver-shadow-pick-up-fit-for-a-knight-of-the-realm.html

Ignore the big 'Start Download' button at the top at your peril, it's got NOTHING to with the article!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 27, 2018, 06:13:32 AM

Actually, having thought a bit more about it, isn't Vegemite in it's base state weaponised anyway?

The Rat

Surprised there's been this many posts on the flavour of marmite and yet nobody has brought up the official snack of this web site:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

There are a surprising number of Rolls Royce and Bently utes.

This one was, IIRC, used to carry sails for the owners ocean going yachts and was on display at the Birdwood Motor Museum in South Australia (well worth a visit).

However, IMO this tops the lot of them - a Royce Sedan Delivery.
Fred