British Pathe - Bus Road Test

Started by scooter, April 27, 2018, 01:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Saw this shared on a bus group I belong to on FB.  Makes you wonder of TOL continues to do stability checks.  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Kit will be along in a minute to tell us he installed the test equipment on that tilt table...
;D

Skid pan double decker at the end looked fun.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on April 27, 2018, 06:13:17 PM
Kit will be along in a minute to tell us he installed the test equipment on that tilt table...
;D

Yes it did.  I'd love to try it with a double decker Van Hool :wacko:
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

;D

It wasn't me guv, I've got an alibi as I was only 15 at the time they made the film.  ;D

But it was an impressive test rig, although how it worked  '.....at 1.5 tons pressure....' I'm not sure, tons being a mass and not a pressure. I think he meant 3000 psi or so, which would have been industry standard at the time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 28, 2018, 06:19:30 AM

;D

It wasn't me guv, I've got an alibi as I was only 15 at the time they made the film.  ;D

But it was an impressive test rig, although how it worked  '.....at 1.5 tons pressure....' I'm not sure, tons being a mass and not a pressure. I think he meant 3000 psi or so, which would have been industry standard at the time.

Gotta keep it simple for the masses.  John Q. Public knows what tons are, which makes it easier to translate for public consumption.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

zenrat

;D

I'd assumed you were a child prodigy...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 29, 2018, 04:49:21 AM

;D

I was, but only at setting fire to chemistry labs at school.................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 29, 2018, 09:20:05 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 29, 2018, 04:49:21 AM

;D

I was, but only at setting fire to chemistry labs at school.................  ;)

I suspect that there's a story here that belongs in the SILLY THINGS WE DID IN A MIS-SPENT YOUTH thread we had 15 months ago.

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43288.msg755773.html#msg755773
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on April 29, 2018, 01:15:37 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 29, 2018, 09:20:05 AM

I suspect that there's a story here that belongs in the SILLY THINGS WE DID IN A MIS-SPENT YOUTH thread we had 15 months ago.

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43288.msg755773.html#msg755773

OK, I've posted it there now.

Regards
Kit

Leading Observer

Average of 10 stone? They would need at least 15 stone these days what with our "obesity crisis"
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures