2018/2019 GB Season subjects with explanations

Started by NARSES2, April 29, 2018, 08:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: strobez on May 01, 2018, 03:27:56 PM

Can I assume that my suggestion that jalles only be allowed to participate with one arm tied behind his back so as to leave some hope for us mere mortals can be rolled into any of these topics?  :rolleyes:

Erm, aren't you the guy who built a Fiat 500 that was only 35 mm or so long?  :o :o :o :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Can I assume that my suggestion that jalles only be allowed to participate with one arm tied behind his back so as to leave some hope for us mere mortals can be rolled into any of these topics?  :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of installing a handicap system for next season's G.B.'s  ;D

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 01, 2018, 03:54:17 PM

Erm, aren't you the guy who built a Fiat 500 that was only 35 mm or so long?  :o :o :o :o :o

Almost full size then  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 02, 2018, 05:58:15 AM

I'm thinking of installing a handicap system for next season's G.B.'s  ;D

Including build speed?
Slow builders get to start last year while Dizz only gets 10 minutes?  ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

That still gives him time to build 5 or 6 models ...

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Right this thread has done exactly what I wanted it to do  :thumbsup:

It has been pointed out to me that I missed the real essence of one of the suggestions, thank you Dave, and so I have amended it so that it more accurately reflects the proposers intentions.

Therefore No 31 on the list has had some additional explanatory notes added.

Apologies gentlemen.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Why apologise for something that works? :unsure: (says he who is employed by the government :banghead:)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 04, 2018, 09:28:07 AM
Why apologise for something that works? :unsure: (says he who is employed by the government :banghead:)

Because I got it wrong and missed the essence of it ? Old school I suppose, but that's how I was brought up

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 05, 2018, 02:11:15 AM

Because I got it wrong and missed the essence of it ? Old school I suppose, but that's how I was brought up

Ah, so you were apologising for the referent of the 2nd line! Jolly good! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 05, 2018, 02:27:56 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 05, 2018, 02:11:15 AM

Ah, so you were apologising for the referent of the 2nd line! Jolly good! :thumbsup:

Yup

kitbasher

Well done, Chris, and thank you.  Before we head into the vote can I suggest one other category ;)?  'What if Kitbasher ever actually finished a 8l00dy build within a set GB period'?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

NARSES2

loupgarou

I am a bit late with my question  :rolleyes: but I just thought about it.
Does the "Racing G.B." include also record planes, and long distance raid ones? I mean, the kind of aircraft from the old Frog "Trailblazers" series: Ryan NYP, Fokker F VII Southern Cross, Bristol 138, etc
Lot of strange and wondrous machinery could be concocted for this, specially from the twenties-thirties... ;)
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

I don't know what Chris' take is on it but mine would be "If it's in any kind of (non-combat mission) timed race, it's racing."