F-82 or A-Something Tri-Stang WIP

Started by b29r, April 30, 2018, 08:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Kit, please forgive this inventive modeller... ;)
(As I have forgiven him, destroying the twin-fuselage layout into a triplex-fuselage one) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

b29r

Small progress in getting the OD anti-glare panels painted.  I had made the mistake of using blue painters tape to mask the fuselages and had lots of tape residue to clean off  :angry:  Ready for more masking, and a glue session to join up the airframe.  Not much to show here, yet.

Nevermore with the blue painter's tape, quoth the slow builder  :banghead:.

Best regards,
Kem

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

b29r

Thanks guys!  :thumbsup:

Kit:  Wish I could have gotten the wing extensions a bit neater.  I should have chosen a night scheme to hide it  <_<.  Curious if you left off the guns or installed them.  I'm tempted to leave them off.

Tophe:  Hoping to get a sudden flurry of activity on this bird.  Once the airframe is joined, prepped and painted, then the contra prop will be the next big hurdle.

Good luck on all your builds.

Tophe

PR19_Kit

Quote from: b29r on June 05, 2018, 08:44:45 AM

Kit:  Wish I could have gotten the wing extensions a bit neater.  I should have chosen a night scheme to hide it  <_<.  Curious if you left off the guns or installed them.  I'm tempted to leave them off.

I left all the 'standard' F-82 guns in  place, resulting in a twelve gun surprise for any enemies who decided to cross into the P-82M's path. So the gun hatches in both wing sections actually do things,

Regards
Kit

b29r

A lot has happened in the past year, but not so much for the Tri-Stang.  Here is where we are now picking the thread back up:

So much time has elapsed, in fact, that I have mostly forgotten how to put a post together  :-\

Some really sweet work going on here though, nice!

Best regards,
Kem

Tophe

PR19_Kit

That's looking REALLY good now, even with the Allison engines.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: salt6 on June 17, 2019, 02:41:40 PM
I've been thinking of something along the lines of the bottom one Tophe.
Good project!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe