zenrat industries zi-223 Javelina - Finished pics pg 3

Started by zenrat, May 01, 2018, 03:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I've decided to give this it's own thread instead of just posting pics in my blog.

My plan was to see what I could make from combining two less than stellar kits.
A Monogram Huey snapper and a Chinese knockoff of the Matchbox Warthog.
Huey Warthog Start 13-04-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Huey Warthog WIP 18-04-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Huey Warthog WIP 20-04-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I've built the Huey fuselage and then added some tail feathers and a wing box atop the fuselage to hold the wings.
Javelina WIP 25-04-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Javelina WIP 01-05-18 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Wings fit onto a rod and obviously pivot for take off and landing.
Javelina WIP 01-05-18 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Not sure who the end user will be but I intend to use all the Warthog's pylons and load the wings up with ordinance.
I also need to figure out some undercarriage.  I've used the Huey's skids on the Avrocar build and the Warthog's UC are promised to another build so it'll be a rummage through the parts box looking for inspiration.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Devilfish

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Looking good so far! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

JayBee

This looks fantastic.
I do however think that it looks even better in the photo where the wings have not been glued on and it has a pronounced dihedral, to my eye anyway, much more menacing.
....but I still love it.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

AS.12

Quote from: zenrat on May 01, 2018, 03:47:40 AM
and a Chinese knockoff of the Matchbox Warthog

What?  Is a thing?  Tell me more.  Trying to seach for 'chinese clone matchbox' results in all sorts of nonsense!

Ah, found a discussion.   Carry on!
http://ipmsuk.proboards.com/thread/3971/re-popped-matchbox-kits

PR19_Kit

That's one AWESOME looking machine.  :thumbsup:

The Huey fuselage has always seemed to be open to 'modification' to me, but you've taken that to a new level.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Paper Kosmonaut

Wow, Fred, that already looks very interesting. I love the odd combination! And the addition of a VTOL-function makes it all the more spectacular. Great idea!
dei t dut mout t waiten!

AeroplaneDriver

OOOOOO!!!   GREAT concept!  Loving this one!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Glad y'all like it.

Quote from: JayBee on May 01, 2018, 09:11:42 AM
This looks fantastic.
I do however think that it looks even better in the photo where the wings have not been glued on and it has a pronounced dihedral, to my eye anyway, much more menacing.
....but I still love it.  :thumbsup:

You are correct, but to achieve anhedral with working tilt would have required complicated surgery to the wings.  Complicated and precise if I wanted the same amount on both sides.  Complicated I can do but I am not always the most precise of modellers and historically have had issues making two things the same.

Quote from: AS.12 on May 01, 2018, 10:10:18 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 01, 2018, 03:47:40 AM
and a Chinese knockoff of the Matchbox Warthog

What?  Is a thing?  Tell me more.  Trying to seach for 'chinese clone matchbox' results in all sorts of nonsense!

Ah, found a discussion.   Carry on!
http://ipmsuk.proboards.com/thread/3971/re-popped-matchbox-kits

I can't read that as an annoying pop up appears telling me to disable my adblocker.  Fat chance of that happening.
Chinese knock off Matchbox kit boxes look identical apart from chinese script in (on the ones i've got) top right hand corner of the box top.  When you open them up you will find a small tube of glue, dry rub down decals, no english on the instructions and a poorly copied model which while it is still in the different colours has softened detail and issues with the locator pins (i've had male on both parts, no holes in bosses on the female half and too small holes).  The level of softening of the detail varies according to the individual sprue in each kit.
The Warthog is probably buildable.  A Wessex definitely was (because I did).  A Mystere IV on the other hand was fit only for parts.  Not as bad as an older A Model kit but not worth making the effort with considering it would be easy to pick up a kosher version.

I masked the windows today and primed the fuselage prior to commencing PSR.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Bish bosh slap on the filler.
As you can see i've used both PPP and Tamiya Stinky Yella.
Javelina WIP 4-5-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Stinky Yella was needed because there is a large hole in the belly of the beast that I cut in order to insert the heavy glue I should had inserted before closing up the fuselage halves.
Fred

NARSES2

I don't think I've seen "stinky yella" in the U.K. ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]