zenrat industries zi-223 Javelina - Finished pics pg 3

Started by zenrat, May 01, 2018, 03:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ericr

I guess I just missed the thread previously :

excellent !

the hybridization is excellently designed,
and the build is excellently craftful !

comrade harps

The Secret State Police probably found it highly suitable when raiding the Victorian College for the Deaf. A nasty incident, that one.

Another triumph of imagination over rationality  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

Tophe

Quote from: comrade harps on August 11, 2018, 07:26:07 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: This word is tremendously important for me, and I will write a whole page of philosophical analysis about this (on my site about what-if philosophy, but in French sorry)... :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Intriguing looking aircraft. I'm not sure what it is, maybe the undercarriage ?, but at certain angles it has the look of some kind of arboreal rodent about it to me. Squirrel like in a way.

Quote "targeted fracture inducers, stroke guns and sandbag rail gatlings." Now the first I can envisage, the second not and as for the third ???  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

comrade harps

Quote from: Tophe on August 11, 2018, 08:14:53 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: This word is tremendously important for me, and I will write a whole page of philosophical analysis about this (on my site about what-if philosophy, but in French sorry)... :bow:

Can't wait for that one

Whatever.

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Comrade Harps, the SeStaPo were cleared over the raid on the Deaf School.  Standard procedure was followed including the use of sirens and of loudspeakers to issue instructions.

Chris, I forgot to mention it in the lies back story but the reason for the wide track undercarriage is because the aerofoil section struts contribute significantly to lift.  Like the Skyvan's wing struts.

A targeted fracture inducer is a sonic weapon utilising a focussed beam of infrasound to shatter bones.
A stroke gun is a weapon which induces a stroke in it's target.
A sandbag rail gatling consists of a gatling gun firing "sand"bags from rotating rail guns.  The "sand" consisting of Aluminium Carbide powder.
Just because a weapon is classified as Non Lethal does not mean it cannot harm (sometimes permanently) it's target.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Quote from: comrade harps on August 12, 2018, 03:44:43 AM
Quote from: Tophe on August 11, 2018, 08:14:53 PM

Can't wait for that one

WTF did I just watch (twice)?   :unsure:

;D ;D ;D
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 12, 2018, 03:45:07 AM

A targeted fracture inducer is a sonic weapon utilising a focussed beam of infrasound to shatter bones.

So it doesn't damage anything else then, just the bones ?  ;)

Cheers for the clarification  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Scotaidh

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 12, 2018, 07:32:09 AM

So it doesn't damage anything else then, just the bones ?  ;)

Cheers for the clarification  :thumbsup:

I read somewhere that sonics have been used to shatter brittle things like porcelain (or the bones of senior citizens?).  They don't seem to have lasting effects on soft things, like tissue ... muscle tissue, I mean.  Prolly some bruising and soreness that should heal in a few weeks ... 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

NARSES2

Quote from: Scotaidh on August 12, 2018, 08:27:48 AM

I read somewhere that sonics have been used to shatter brittle things like porcelain (or the bones of senior citizens?).  They don't seem to have lasting effects on soft things, like tissue ... muscle tissue, I mean.  Prolly some bruising and soreness that should heal in a few weeks ...

I think that's the crucial word here  ;) I definitely won't be volunteering to help test it, that's for sure  ;D

Weaver

Yes I imagine that an engine-out situation would be 'interesting' in that one in any flight mode. I can also imagine the jet equivalent of walking into the tail rotor, where Constable Keystone jumps out of the door and runs straight past the jet nacelle before the engine's spooled down... :o :wacko:

Nice one Zenrat!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Thanks H.  I guess I should have lots of red warning stencils on the engines.
More concerning would be if a door gunner hit a running engine with a burst from a targeted fracture inducer...

As far as engine out goes, it has enough wing to glide a fair way but you wouldn't want to lose one on takeoff or during a short landing.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Thanks folks.

Comrade Harps, the SeStaPo were cleared over the raid on the Deaf School.  Standard procedure was followed including the use of sirens and of loudspeakers to issue instructions.

I hear it was the pre-assault leaflet drop that made all the difference.
Whatever.

b29r

Just wow, Fred, that is super cool.  To me it has a bit of "Steampunk" look to it  :thumbsup:  Nice bit of work there!

Best, Kem