Previous topic - Next topic

Pick up to 5 of these to pick the 2 lucky winners of the 2018/19 GB Poll

The Civilian/Public Transport G.B
9 (21.4%)
The Racing G.B
15 (35.7%)
The Swords into ploughshares/ploughshares into swords G.B
10 (23.8%)
The V/STOL/Rotary Wing/Ornithopter/Ekranoplane/Ground Effect vehicles/Heli-planes GB
15 (35.7%)
That's just plain silly/That will never work/How the heck have you made it worse ? G.B.
1 (2.4%)
The "Oh my, will you just look at those wings/legs" G.B
2 (4.8%)
The Pirate G.B.
8 (19%)
The Multiplace de Combat GB
2 (4.8%)
The Swapshop GB
3 (7.1%)
The Epic G.B.
1 (2.4%)
The Bash the Kits G.B
11 (26.2%)
The Civil War GB
4 (9.5%)
The "To the Rescue G.B
9 (21.4%)
The "Follow the Leader" G.B.
1 (2.4%)
The Mobile Suit GB Gundam/ Macross/ Jaeger etc
5 (11.9%)
The Cartoon/Anime GB
6 (14.3%)
The "In a Universe perhaps not too far away" G.B.
5 (11.9%)
The "Somewhere other than Europe or North America G.B.
5 (11.9%)
The James Bond G.B.
3 (7.1%)
The Great War G.B
6 (14.3%)
The "What if that civilisation had never fallen ?" G.B
5 (11.9%)
The Maskirova /military deception GB
2 (4.8%)
The Submersibles G.B.
2 (4.8%)
The "Well it certainly wouldn't win any prizes in a beauty contest" G.B
2 (4.8%)
The "Zwilling, Twin Boom, Asymmetric" G.B
5 (11.9%)
The Steampunk G.B.
7 (16.7%)
The Movie Substitutes G.B
5 (11.9%)
The Mothership G.B.
2 (4.8%)
The "Worn out, used up, or forgotten" build G.B.
3 (7.1%)
The Post Apocalypse GB
9 (21.4%)
The "Means of Propulsion" G.B.
6 (14.3%)
The "Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3" G.B.
2 (4.8%)
The "inspired by the box art" GB.
0 (0%)
The "Time slip" G.B
2 (4.8%)
The "They also served" G.B.
4 (9.5%)
The "Out of retirement" G.B
12 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: May 20, 2018, 07:12:52 AM

NARSES2

Right gentlemen time to choose. 5 votes each in order to pick 2 G.B.'s for the 2018/2019 Season. RAF 100 will be the third GB

You have 2 weeks.

Explanations for what is/isn't included in the G.B.'s can be found in the separate thread.

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,45195.0.html

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Voted! Thanks as always for putting this together Chris.

I even have several in the stash for some of the contenders...as if that's never stopped me from buying more!!! 

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Dizzyfugu

Voted, too. Interesting that there's a very broad basis, (still) a very even distribution among many proposals.

Many thanks for setting this up!  :thumbsup:

kitbasher

In the event of ties for 1st (if 3 or more options tie) or 2nd place will there be a second round?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Hard to choose with only five votes.

The way I think of it isn't "what do I want to build" because I can build them any way.  It's more "what do I want to see others building alongside me".

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on May 07, 2018, 01:52:34 AM
In the event of ties for 1st (if 3 or more options tie) or 2nd place will there be a second round?

There will be a penalty shoot out certainly.

To be honest I hadn't thought of it. A run off poll sounds like the way forward, but lets cross that bridge if we come to it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Can I take this opportunity to shamelessly promote the James Bond GB please?

An ideal choice since it has a well-defined theme, but is still broad enough to encompass a wide range of models, including, but not limited to, cars, boats, aeroplanes, helicopters, autogyros, submarines, trucks, ships, spacecraft, dioramas, architecture (villains' lairs), figures and even 1:1 scale props. You can build a what-if substitute for something in a real James Bond movie, or make up your own movie, which can be a 'mainstream' one, or even a spin-off or parody. Lots of scope for coolness and comedy, get shaken AND stirred and vote (early and often) for the James Bond GB!

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Chaos

seadude

VOTE FOR THE MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM/MACROSS, etc. GROUP BUILD!

Show your support for the Neo-Zeon forces!

SIEG ZEON!

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

strobez

The propaganda seems to have worked... at least on me. ;)
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Oh, are we promoting stuff?

Pirates.  Ye can't be goin' past em.

ArrrRRrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRrrrrrrrrr...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

To be honest I'd rather you hadn't posted these adverts here and had started a separate thread instead, they distract from the Poll in my opinion  :-\

But c'est la vie. Perhaps if your's win through you can volunteer to moderate  :angel: (and yes H and Zen I know you are already)

Chris

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 07, 2018, 05:55:50 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on May 07, 2018, 01:52:34 AM

There will be a penalty shoot out certainly.

To be honest I hadn't thought of it. A run off poll sounds like the way forward, but lets cross that bridge if we come to it.

May well need to start thinking about it

zenrat

Only one choice is so far losing it's deposit.

Instead of having a run off how about we combine them?  With the three that are currently tying it wouldn't be impossible.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2018, 06:53:48 AM
Only one choice is so far losing it's deposit.

And guess who's suggestion it was ? Yup........mine  ;D

Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2018, 06:53:48 AM

Instead of having a run off how about we combine them?  With the three that are currently tying it wouldn't be impossible.

So, not just a pretty face ? One to consider certainly, although one of the 3 has now sneaked ahead as at this moment anyway.