Bristol 142m-2

Started by 63cpe, May 21, 2018, 07:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 25, 2018, 04:55:08 AM
I can wait.  Your stuff is usually worth it.

Absolutely. This build has really grabbed my imagination  :thumbsup: One of those where you can savour the work in progress
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dogsbody

I'd replace the Mercury with a Hercules or a Taurus at the minimum.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

loupgarou

Fascinating idea. I hope you'll show more photos soon.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

63cpe

Changed the rear of the "fuselage". It's actually the front turret of a Amiot 143. One of those glass balls is the turret.

IMG_20180704_191320873 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Coming up: PSR.....and more PSR...

David

zenrat

...and an FW189 lurking in the background if I am not mistaken.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

You're a veritable fount of Whiffness just now, aren't you?  ;D ;) :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Thanks Mate! :thumbsup:

...uhm the thingy lurking in the background is actually a stalled project. Dunno what to do next...see pictures. Just nice looking, but some weirdness or out-of-this-worldiness is missing. Maybe add a tracked landinggear?

IMG_20180704_224511197 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180704_224530975 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

David

PR19_Kit

Woah!  :o

That canard FD2 thingie in the background looks REALLY good! Just cries out for a Raspberry Ripple colour scheme!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Wow! Asymmetric airplane and twin-boomer! Let me clap my hands loudly... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub: :wub: :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Caveman

Is thingy the offspring of a dh comet (racer) and vampire?
secretprojects forum migrant

63cpe

Thanks for your comments gentlemen,

@ Caveman: well, ehm can't really remember. It's around for quite some time. Think your right. Just checked and think the wing and rear engine U/C fairing came from an DH88. Engines sure came from the new airfix tigermoth fromt glazing is from a PZL 38 and the rear is from an Bloch 174. They match perfectly rear to rear. Tailboom came from an vampire. So most is DeHavilland.....still think there is also a forerunner off a Edgley Optica in it.

@PR_19Kit: It's the Scott Furlong Predator (check it on this forum via search). It will be sprayed desertpink. I'm still working on the decals. Although it's not really much, just some white text with lightningbolt below the text, a small union jack and a registration.

David (aka 63cpe)

PR19_Kit

But the Predator has a single, quite large, delta wing and some big box intakes on top of the fuselage.

So is yours a Predator II perhaps?

Regards
Kit

jcf

Late to the party.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As to engine, summat that exotic needs an exotic engine, A-S Deerhound.  ;D

https://oldmachinepress.com/2015/10/27/armstrong-siddeley-dog-aircraft-engines/

PR19_Kit

Jeepers, those guys certainly made some WIERD engines!   :o

A buddy of mine is building the Deerhound Whitley using the new Airfix kit, and I suggested he did it in an 'operational' scheme. He gave me an old fashioned look, but then he doesn't really 'get' Whiffing.  ;D ;D ;) ;)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Having had a quick read of Armstrong-Siddley's long history of failure with in-line radials, with the same issues occurring over & over again, I'm at a loss to understand why they kept at it for so long. :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est