ARMA HOBBY

Started by Dingg, June 06, 2018, 07:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The ARMA Hobby web site is a bit of a pain to use, you have to fill in all your details twice, once for who's paying and once for the delivery address.  :banghead: :banghead:

Why not have a 'Same as above' tick box like most sites do?

I've just ordered a Hurricane 'Expert Set' just to see what's 'Expert' about it.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

It's a similar difference between Eduard's "Profipack" and "Overtrees" editions.  Masks, etch and decals in the former, just plastic bits in t'other.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 03, 2018, 01:51:19 PM
It's a similar difference between Eduard's "Profipack" and "Overtrees" editions.  Masks, etch and decals in the former, just plastic bits in t'other.

Or would it be more like Eduard's "Profipack" vs "Weekender" versions? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I'll be able to tell you in a week or so, except I don't know what the Eduard sets are like as I've never bought one.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

You're missing out, because Eduard's Spitfires make even the CMR ones obsolete, the detail is THAT good! 

The only thing Eduard have got wrong is the wheels for post war types - they interpret the three spoke hub as being larger but the wheels/tyres themselves are the same size as the four spoke wartime ones, whereas they should be larger.  Airfix got this subtle difference correct in their PR19, which is why it has two sets of wheels.  The four spoke ones are good for replacing the ones in their mk IX, as the hub detail in that is somewhat wooly.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 03, 2018, 04:16:03 PM

Or would it be more like Eduard's "Profipack" vs "Weekender" versions? :unsure:

From what I've seen of Arma's range that is how I would compare them
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dingg

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dingg on December 07, 2019, 06:20:19 AM

New Hurricane Mk.IIc !
Even better than his older brother!

http://www.armahobby.com/blog/hurricane-mk-iic-sales-schedule.html

If it's as good as the Mk I it'll be amazing!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Dingg

The Wooksta!

TBH, they should really have gone for a IIa or IIb first, because the last thing we really need is yet another Hurricane IIc.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Basically, it's the Hurricane equivalent of the Eduard Spitfires.  But with fewer parts - Eduard seemed to go to town on splitting parts that really need only the one piece - the wheels on the Spitfires come in four separate pieces.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Cheers Lee. Seems I need to invest in one

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 09, 2019, 07:36:33 AM

Cheers Lee. Seems I need to invest in one

Yes, if you like Hurricanes the Arma ones are the pick of the bunch.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit