USN F11F Tiger VF-84

Started by Soup Dragoon, June 16, 2018, 05:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup Dragoon

She still needs her wing tanks and some weathering, but she's gorgeous already!

The Big Gimper

Excellent work. One of my favourite aircraft.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

zenrat

Looks good Soupy.
:thumbsup:
I've been keen on Tigers since I read about the one shooting itself down.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on June 17, 2018, 02:43:42 AM
Looks good Soupy.
:thumbsup:
I've been keen on Tigers since I read about the one shooting itself down.

That is a great story. Always love to read that one. I also like the 106 that landed itself without a scratch after the pilot ejected. Of course there's always the S6-71 "ground speed" story but I'm not so sure that one is even real.

ANYWAY!!   This looks flippin' awesome. Great work and a choice paint scheme on there!!!  I've never seen anything quite like it so that's always a plus. It's so Navy but the plan almost sort of looks AF in certain ways.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Super work, especially the canopy and cockpit, and I agree it is a lovely looking aircraft.

Who's kit b.t.w. ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

comrade harps

Whatever.

Dizzyfugu

Lovely. Vintage USN jets in modernized liveries always have a special touch to them, and this one is no exception!  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

b29r

Really like that, well done!

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 17, 2018, 05:43:31 AM
Super work, especially the canopy and cockpit, and I agree it is a lovely looking aircraft.

Who's kit b.t.w. ?

I'm hoping it's the 1/72 Hasegawa 'cause i've got one and i'll be pleased if it can be made to look this good.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

The Hasegawa one is a nice kit, I've built it in Aeronvale markings. She's on the site
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

Soup Dragoon

Thanks for all the kind words, she was a joy to put together.  :thumbsup:
She is indeed the Hasegawa 1/72nd scale kit, and just like the Hase F-86D that preceded her, a shake-n-bake quality kit.
Highly recommended to all, assuming you can find one. When she went on display at my LHS, the manager commented that they are like hen's teeth here in Texas.
I'm looking forward to doing another, which is rare for me; most of my whifs are one-and-done......but I have something truly nefarious for next go-round.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Soup Dragoon on June 22, 2018, 05:50:53 PM

When she went on display at my LHS, the manager commented that they are like hen's teeth here in Texas.

And everywhere else as well, I've never seen one, not in kit form anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit