RAF Centenary GB - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, June 20, 2018, 03:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Hmmm, has this classic RAF recovery set been WHIFFED before?  I just came up with a nefarious plan.... 

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

tigercat

Not a huge amount I'd guess as things with wings seem to be many people's main focus.

It'll be good for the RAF salvage and recovery teams to get some recognition and the ACK EMMA's in general.

nighthunter

Who is the honourable moderator? I ask because I have a barely started Curtis's P-6E Hawk, that I was going to make into a "Supermarine Shrike Mk.I". It's the old Monogram 1/72 kit, the interior is painted and the two fuselage halves are glued together. That's it, most everything else is on the sprues.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 28, 2018, 05:16:46 AM
Are you SURE that's a Whiff Chris? It looks as if Boulton Paul smoothed off the Overstrand and lost the top wing!

;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: nighthunter on June 28, 2018, 06:23:13 PM
Who is the honourable moderator? I ask because I have a barely started Curtis's P-6E Hawk, that I was going to make into a "Supermarine Shrike Mk.I". It's the old Monogram 1/72 kit, the interior is painted and the two fuselage halves are glued together. That's it, most everything else is on the sprues.

As the Moderator for this build that's fine by me  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 29, 2018, 06:40:05 AM
Quote from: nighthunter on June 28, 2018, 06:23:13 PM

As the Moderator for this build that's fine by me  :thumbsup:
Thanks Chris!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 28, 2018, 05:16:46 AM
Are you SURE that's a Whiff Chris? It looks as if Boulton Paul smoothed off the Overstrand and lost the top wing!

;D

Dizzyfugu

Inspiration just struck me when I was at the fridge, for a very British kit conversion... a, well, reconfigured Hawker Fury (biplane). :wacko:
Submission #4 is settled!

tigercat

Will it have a kettle and a compartment for scones...?

Knightflyer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 30, 2018, 03:24:59 AM
Inspiration just struck me when I was at the fridge, for a very British kit conversion... a, well, reconfigured Hawker Fury (biplane). :wacko:
Submission #4 is settled!

The Boulton-Paul Branston Pickle Bomber ? or perhaps the Miles Marmite ?
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Dizzyfugu

Maybe the Hawker Haggis!  ;) Or the Hawker Flurry instead of a Fury?

I had a weird (conecptual) idea, and I am curious if it actually works! The Hawker Fury appears like a perfect starting point - wait and see!

loupgarou

I am studying Putnam's British Flight testing - Martlesham Heath 1920-1939.
Many single-engined bombers of the twenties, quite big airplanes, could suggest a scale-o-rama from an 1/48 fighter to an 1/72 bomber.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on June 30, 2018, 12:00:02 PM

Many single-engined bombers of the twenties, quite big airplanes, could suggest a scale-o-rama from an 1/48 fighter to an 1/72 bomber.

Some of the them were very big. You don't realise how big sometimes unless there is a person standing next to them.

Anyway we are off Gents  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 01, 2018, 05:34:56 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on June 30, 2018, 12:00:02 PM

Some of the them were very big. You don't realise how big sometimes unless there is a person standing next to them.

Anyway we are off Gents  :thumbsup:

The dreaded Blackburn Blackburn for a start!

And for a REALLY huge single try the Blackburn Cubaroo, it had an 88f t wingspan!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Yees. I have nearly finished the British flight testing book, lots of strange and wondrous examples.  ;D
And many photos have an human figure to give an idea of the size.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.