RAF Centenary GB - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, June 20, 2018, 03:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

I hope to be able to build something for this GB.
To start, I'll post here the mandatory kidnapper-style photo with today's newspaper:
The Spitfire is a VERY old Frog (or Frog-spwan) kit, without decals, box or instructions, the Fokker D XXI in the "original" Novo packaging.

Note: upper and lower Spitfire wings have NOT been glued together, they are just one part.
When I have something to show, I'll open an appropriate thread.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quite what the spawn of a Spitfire I, a Fokker D XXI, a Canberra PR9 and a TR1 is going to look like I have NO idea! But my mind is totally blown at the very thought..............  :o :o :o <_<
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Well, not really all together... I was planning 2 builds.  <_<
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on July 03, 2018, 03:15:18 PM

Well, not really all together... I was planning 2 builds.  <_<

Phew..................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Well I guess one could be a Spatfire?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

McColm

My first thought was a 1/72 Hasegawa Boeing B-47, using the Flightpath RB-47 white metal and resin conversion set.
However I added the cockpit from a Airfix Lockheed S-3B to the nose and the two outer engines have turbofans from the
A-10A. A resin hose and drogue in-flight refueling pod has replaced the rear gun turret.
I'm not too sure whether I will finish this on time.
My backup plan is the Revell Avro Shackleton AEW.2 twin engined variant. Or the Lockheed Neptune with Rolls-Royce Tyne engines.

loupgarou

Quote from: kitbasher on July 03, 2018, 09:20:21 PM
Well I guess one could be a Spatfire?

Some people are just too smart... :banghead: But could also have been a Merlin D XXI.
Anyway the name is found, it's a start... ;D

63cpe

Heyheyhey, let me join the fun.....these kits will be used. I actually started the butchering sunday july 1st with probably the most time consuming projects. I'll post the first pictures soon.

IMG_20180704_190843406 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

This is for nine...(what!) Nine projects. The Bristol 142M-2 (reworked Blenheim) was started before july 1st, got to admit....so probably won't be allegable for this GB. The Mosquito- whif is still is a conceptual stage in my mind....something re-engineing it, maybe with masculine darts....

David (aka 63cpe)

loupgarou

Hmmm, a Noratlas with B-36 wings will surely be "interesting", as a mix Kalinin/Barracuda.... ;D

63cpe

yes, might be getting "interesting". ;).. we'll see....
The Kalinin and the Barracuda will be seperate projects. Will post pictures. :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

And the Djinn mixed with ANYthing will be pretty mind boggling!  :o

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

ive been looking at the stash, and i think im gonna look into building a Fairey Delta 4 derivative aswell, next to the A-10K.
the base for the kit would be a 1/144 Mig-25 with the wings of a 1/72 Mig-21 (the Mistercraft Mig-21MF comes with an extra set of wings). the biggest change would be the intakes, as im planning to change those from an angled shape to a rectangle straight shape.

by theory, it would end up looking more like the Fairey F.155 Delta 3 concept, ot a smaller version of the Avro CF-105 Arrow  :rolleyes:
it would be powered by 2 Rolls Royce/Bristol Olympus turbojet engines, witch also powered the concorde and the TSR.2, it would be used a Mach-3 long-range interceptor.

as for the camo, im still choosing between the all-metal or the Grey/Green 70's camo  :mellow:
still have to look witch RAF unit will recieve it.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kitbasher

the ancient Airfix Mosquito is pretty much an OOB whif!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Doug K

Gonna try to get something done for this. The damn Gannet I was doing for the Cold War GB is almost finished 😬. It come very close to being dumped! Hope to finish this week.

Anyway, Defiant & Hurricane IID on their way from fleabay, one airframe will result. Decision to be made on whether RAF or Royals Scots Airforce expeditionary force to North Africa........

Hawker Sruth or Boulton-Paul Thoilichte. Which might be a bit of a mouthful?

PR19_Kit

Don't try and fit the Defiant turret in the back of the Hurricane.  :o

I tried that and it's miles too wide, unless I swapped fuselages almost entirely.

Regards
Kit