RAF Centenary GB - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, June 20, 2018, 03:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug K

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 14, 2018, 11:59:07 AM
Don't try and fit the Defiant turret in the back of the Hurricane.  :o

I tried that and it's miles too wide, unless I swapped fuselages almost entirely.

Yeah, that had crossed my mind 😬

NARSES2

I do keep musing on the idea of a single seater Defiant ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 15, 2018, 04:56:01 AM

Didn't they do that for real, or was it just a project?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 15, 2018, 05:09:50 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 15, 2018, 04:56:01 AM

Didn't they do that for real, or was it just a project?

Yup the P.94. They used the prototype with turret removed. Would have had 12 x 0.303" or 4 x 20mm. The 20mm's were intended to be depressed for ground attack. Projected speed was almost up there with the Spitfire, but manoeuvrability wasn't as good. RAF decided it didn't need another fighter to go with the Spits and Hurri's as Hawker were already looking at new types.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Found this inspirational whiffy box art:

Anyone remember that SF TV series?

NARSES2

Well the t.v. series doesn't ring any bells and I've never seen that kit before.

Mossie

I've never seen the series either Chris,, but the kit was a spoof.

I'd love them to do a kit of the small rouge one though. :wub: :wub: :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on July 17, 2018, 01:26:32 PM
, but the kit was a spoof.

Right. I didn't read Dizzy's post correctly  :banghead:

rickshaw

I have seen the TV series.  Had Nic Frost and Miranda in it.  Was an "also run" as far as I was concerned.  Occasional laughs but not sufficient to keep my interest.   The ship design was interesting though.  AIUI it was based on the GPO Tower in London.   :mellow:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Runway ? ...

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 16, 2018, 07:48:42 AM
Found this inspirational whiffy box art:

Anyone remember that SF TV series?
XH558 :)
I'd build that.

McColm

I have removed the Avro Shackleton idea and replaced it with the 1/72 Amodel Piaggio P.180 Avanti.
Although not flown by the Royal Air Force my thoughts of a  AEW platform or maritime patrol came into my mind.

NARSES2

Seeing Doug K's ground attack Defiant has me thinking of a second Defiant build from me. A Naval one, but as a dive bomber with perhaps only a single Lewis gun in a simplified "turret" ?

NARSES2

Almost a month in lads and I'm stunned by the number of builds either finished or in progress. Certainly seems to have struck a chord.

Thank you  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 29, 2018, 06:01:39 AM

Almost a month in lads and I'm stunned by the number of builds either finished or in progress. Certainly seems to have struck a chord.

Thank you  :thumbsup:

It's the special meaning that this one has I reckon, specially to us Brits.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tigercat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 29, 2018, 06:00:38 AM
Seeing Doug K's ground attack Defiant has me thinking of a second Defiant build from me. A Naval one, but as a dive bomber with perhaps only a single Lewis gun in a simplified "turret" ?

it would be faster  than the Roc or Skua