RAF Centenary GB - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, June 20, 2018, 03:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug K

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 29, 2018, 06:00:38 AM
Seeing Doug K's ground attack Defiant has me thinking of a second Defiant build from me. A Naval one, but as a dive bomber with perhaps only a single Lewis gun in a simplified "turret" ?

Watch this space 😉
2 more Defiants on order......
The P85 was the navalised Defiant which lost out to the Roc. The drawings I found online of the P85 are almost as hideous as the Roc, so my next "Sea Defiant" will have more in common with the Defiant, than the P85! 🤣

NARSES2

Quote from: Doug K on July 29, 2018, 01:33:47 PM
Seeing Doug K's ground attack Defiant has me thinking of a second Defiant build from me. A Naval one, but as a dive bomber with perhaps only a single Lewis gun in a simplified "turret" ?

Watch this space 😉
The P85 was the navalised Defiant which lost out to the Roc. The drawings I found online of the P85 are almost as hideous as the Roc, so my next "Sea Defiant" will have more in common with the Defiant, than the P85! 🤣

:thumbsup: I will leave it to the expert and save my idea (s) for after the GB  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Doug K

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 30, 2018, 02:54:40 AM
Quote from: Doug K on July 29, 2018, 01:33:47 PM

Watch this space 😉

:thumbsup: I will leave it to the expert and save my idea (s) for after the GB  :thumbsup:

No, go for it!

tigercat

whats the collective noun for Defiant's ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Doug K

rickshaw

Quote from: Doug K on July 31, 2018, 06:43:23 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on July 31, 2018, 05:52:20 AM
Quote from: tigercat on July 30, 2018, 12:13:40 PM
whats the collective noun for Defiant's ?

A broadside...  ;)

Now that one I like :)

Invokes the idea of massed firepower, rather well, I think.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

tigercat

how about a  Barrage for the land ones and    a Broadside  for the sea ones

PR19_Kit

I've got a fourth build for this GB on the go now. The others are doing OK, but this one will be a 'paint conversion' with a seriously time warped backstory.   ;D

Naturally it has LONG wings  ;D and this one has two engines as well. No, it's not another PR19.....  ;)

When it gets to the paint stage I'll post some pics, as it's proving a bit of a pain to build, even though it's OOB.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit