RAF Centenary GB - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, June 20, 2018, 03:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug K

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 01, 2018, 07:51:52 AM
Quote from: Doug K on July 31, 2018, 06:43:23 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on July 31, 2018, 05:52:20 AM
Quote from: tigercat on July 30, 2018, 12:13:40 PM
whats the collective noun for Defiant's ?

A broadside...  ;)

Now that one I like :)

Not bad, but would work better for a navalised Defiant. :thumbsup:

A broadside of Defiants......    ;)

IMG_1432 by doug_alba, on Flickr

Doug K

PR19_Kit

A Defiant with floats? I like it!  :thumbsup:

Where did the floats come from?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Doug K

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2018, 10:05:32 AM
A Defiant with floats? I like it!  :thumbsup:

Where did the floats come from?

Brengun Spitfire, the original Skua prototype had Shark floats and the first Spit had Skua floats, so it seemed logical. Sort of.

PR19_Kit

:banghead: I should have recognised them as Spitfire floats, thanks.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

So a logical follow on for the floatplane Roc ? Ideally suited for an island hopping campaign in the SW Pacific or East Indies ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Doug K

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 28, 2018, 06:43:20 AM
So a logical follow on for the floatplane Roc ? Ideally suited for an island hopping campaign in the SW Pacific or East Indies ?  ;D

Yep, that was one of my original thoughts but I thought a Roc equivalent in the North Sea & Arctic would do once I built the last version as BPF.

NARSES2

Quote from: Doug K on August 28, 2018, 10:59:09 AM

Yep, that was one of my original thoughts but I thought a Roc equivalent in the North Sea & Arctic would do once I built the last version as BPF.

As soon as I read your build post I had this vision of an Airfix "Dogfight Double" box featuring a dueling Arado 196 and the floatplane Defiant  :thumbsup:. Probably in a Norwegian fjord with a burning Altmark type vessel in the background  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Doug K

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 29, 2018, 06:18:20 AM
Quote from: Doug K on August 28, 2018, 10:59:09 AM

As soon as I read your build post I had this vision of an Airfix "Dogfight Double" box featuring a dueling Arado 196 and the floatplane Defiant  :thumbsup:. Probably in a Norwegian fjord with a burning Altmark type vessel in the background  ;D

;D ;D

NARSES2

Depending where in the world you are there is either a month or just under/over to go lads.

NARSES2

Right I'll raise this subject now as I'm disappearing for 10 days or so.  I'll be checking in on line but won't be able to get any modelling done so the question is "extension or not" ?

From a purely selfish point of view I'm tending towards granting one (I think I can get my entries finished, but I don't want to rush them), however should it be 1 week or 2 ?

Opinions gents ?

jalles

I'd be happy with a two week extension! I can't ever seem to finish anything on time.

McColm

63cpe

2 weeks would be great! I' m also off this week and think i surely need the two weeks...

David

PR19_Kit

Yes, another 14 days would come in handy thanks. I'm up to my neck in arranging a funeral at the moment of course.

Regards
Kit