Okay Ollie, here's another Wolverine!

Started by The Rat, December 13, 2004, 01:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Some of you may remember a prolonged squawk coming from the direction of Toronto when Ollie announced his Wolverine (a beauty, to be sure). Trouble was that just a couple of weeks before that I had already named one of my projects the same, and I was loathe to change it, especially with the backstory already written up.

Well, Ollie being the great guy that he is, basically remarked 'Ah what the hell, this is what-if, right? Don't sweat it.' Thank you very much sir!  :cheers:

I have contacted Tom to see about a formal submission, but until then here's a little teaser. Quality isn't great as the camera, a new Kodak 3.2mp CX7300, doesn't have a macro setting, but at least I'm finally able to send the odd pic in.

Gentlemen, may I present the Handley Page Wolverine? I think it was made to wear Maple Leaf roundels!  B)

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ollie

Wicked Ratty!!

And don't give me so much credit, I'm not one to stop others from using my ideas and/or modifying them!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Now I must get my Vulcan and do her!

:cheers:  :cheers:  :dum:  

Captain Canada

QuoteI think it was made to wear Maple Leaf roundels!  B)

Ratman, every plane is born to wear leafy roundels !

:wub:

Looking great, btw. I'm doing a Revell bird as a RCN example, and Wolverine it is !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Thanks guys! I guess you noticed that genuine Canadian 25 cent piece beside it? That is one small Victor.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Aircav

QuoteThanks guys! I guess you noticed that genuine Canadian 25 cent piece beside it? That is one small Victor.
And here's me thinking everything is big in Canada  :P  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

QuoteWhat kit is this btw?
I got it through mail order over thirty years ago (Squadron Shop?), and after seeing how primitive it was it languished for years. It was bagged and I've long-lost the cardboard that held it together, and the instructions have no name on them, but I have reason to believe it was a company called Lincoln International. Measurements roughly give a scale of 1/153rd, but that could perhaps be rounded up or down.

Hobbes