Hawker Siddeley Harrier B: Finished pics page 6.

Started by zenrat, July 01, 2018, 12:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Cut glue cut glue.

Today I continued to build up the curved panels between the jet pipe and tail.  They are in place but only attached at one end.
Once the glue has dried I can wedge the wings and tails in place to see how it looks and take a happy snap.
I also splodged on some filler today around where I cut off the cold air nozzles and where the rather obvious change of profile between Harrier and MiG is.

I suppose I need to think about to what purpose a Harrier B would be put so I can sort out a payload and paint job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Getting there with the PSR.

Harrier B WIP 08-08-18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I appear to have contracted Black Spotted Mildew... :o
Fred

PR19_Kit

Oooooh, that's looking interesting.  :thumbsup:

Those MASSIVE intakes look odd without the nozzles directly astern of them though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

I think that thumb needs to come off! ;)

Hairier Bee is looking inkterestink. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Thank you Dr Wombat for your treatment advice.  I'll get Mrs z to fire up her hedge trimmer...

Work reared it's ugly head today so all I got a chance to do on this was shoot a quick coat of primer.
Fred

zenrat

Stage 2 PSR (on fuselage) completed and primer applied.  i'm getting close...

The base kit for this is an old Hasegawa.  Fit is abysmal.
Fred

zenrat

Almost there with the PSR.  Some stubborn patches where the front nozzles and their shrouds were.
Fred

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on August 12, 2018, 05:14:35 AM

Yup. The air intakes are a serious PITA.

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 15, 2018, 04:41:13 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 12, 2018, 05:14:35 AM

Yup. The air intakes are a serious PITA.

It's almost as if they are not symmetrical.  Cutting chunks off them doesn't help.
Fred

zenrat

More filler applied today onto the troublesome areas.
Fred

zenrat

I'm hopeful that I applied the last filler needed on the fuselage today.  I had one last stubborn spot where there used to be a nozzle.
It might not have shown with a flat finish and could have been hidden by carefull photography but I would know it was there.
I'm off to bed now but i'm going to sleep with my fingers crossed clutching a rabbits foot and touching wood (fnarr fnarr, arf arf chortle).

Fred

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 31, 2018, 03:33:40 AM
That's cool. I've been thinking of a de-VTOLized Harrier, too, and ideas ended with either MiG-23/27 or Jaguar donor parts, primarily because of the landing gear arrangement.
Looking forward to this one's development.  :thumbsup:

The back end off a Grumman Tiger would be another option, as would the F-3H Demon. Both round-section (unlike the Jaguar) and the Demon already had the undercut tail pipe done for you.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on August 05, 2018, 02:02:11 AM
I suppose I need to think about to what purpose a Harrier B would be put so I can sort out a payload and paint job.

Close Air Support? It's basically a half-sized, single-engined A-10 now...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on August 18, 2018, 03:43:11 PM
Quote from: zenrat on August 05, 2018, 02:02:11 AM

Close Air Support? It's basically a half-sized, single-engined A-10 now...

That's what I was thinking.  Bombs, snebs and aden cannon.  Maybe napalm tanks.
Paint scheme could be grey/green wrap round or SEA camo as part of the RAFs Vietnam deployment...
Fred